Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mavic crossmax sx wheelset – anyone got a set?
  • stevede
    Free Member

Evening all,
    I’m contemplating treating myself to a set of these (thanks to a successful ppi claim 😀 ) for my enduro for everything up to dh duties as I have a set of 721/pro 2’s with dual ply tyres for this purpose. The sx’s are potentially going to replace my 521/pro 2’s as I want something a touch lighter but still capable of hard riding, it’s a bonus having proper ust capability for possible tubeless use but will be running a conti baron/high roller 2 combo with tubes for now.
    Obviously hope hoops on flows are the sensible option but I fancy treating myself so I’m after some real world reviews of the sx’s, the magazine reviews are good but I tend to take these with a pinch of salt.
    Cheers in advance,
    Steve

Twin
    Free Member

Light & rock solid. I love them. They came on the bike, not sure I’d chuck £200 more on a set than Hope hoops.

hunter2701
    Free Member

Id always get hope hoops…but the sx’s are sweet used to have them on my stumpy and were PRACTICALLY indestructable…all im saying is dont do 8/9 foot drops on them to flat…the wheels broke and so did i!
    😀

stevede
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies, one other question – what are the hubs like with regards to bearing life etc? I know the older ones had problems with the freehubs but apparently revised design on the latest model.
    Cheers,
    Steve

jedi

I love my crossmax! 🙂

stevede
    Free Member

Cheers Tony, how are your hubs holding up? Looks like I’ll be ordering a set of these.

jedi

Hubs are fine. There must be an ever such slight play in hub and they run amazing. Tighten them too much and it ruins bearings. Get mp3 insurance with them

anto164
    Free Member

Love mine too…

Took a massive beating over the last 2 years, and i have to say, they’re the best wheels i’ve used on the bike, bulletproof yet relatively light!

stevede
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. Hoping my lbs will do me a decent price (somewhere reasonably close to rose/bike discount) so that I can get mp3 insurance which is £60 but not available through the online retailers afaik. If lbs want rrp for the wheels which is £660 then I’ll have to go online and get them for £500 from rose and hope I don’t trash one! To be fair I’ll still have my 721’s for dh and bigger jumpy days so the sx’s won’t be subjected regularly to the bigger stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mavic crossmax sx wheelset – anyone got a set?’ is closed to new replies.