Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Maverick’s
  • Luigi1
    Free Member

Who wants to fix a frame?

Tiboy

what do you mean luigi1?

Luigi1
    Free Member

It’s seem difficult to progress pass I’ll look into that or I’m waiting to hear from… I suppose I’m impatient when it comes to getting it fixed & wanting to ride.

Tiboy

I know waht you mean, so your frame broken is it? what’s up with it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

are you apying or is it a warranty job?
    If the former go somehere that will do it

Luigi1
    Free Member

Brass bushes & bolt gone in mono link, also the cable guide on it is rubbing its way into the shock body on full exrtension 🙁

Tiboy

you looking to get it done under warranty, or is it a DIY job? can you even gets spares for it? sorry for the interest in your frame’s demise, I’m an engineer and like to repair things!

Luigi1
    Free Member

Dunno. It would be nice if I didn’t have to pay – but I haven’t thought that way until now. I would like it just working right really. But if it is going to cost a lot – is it worth it? Dilemma time….

Tiboy

Depends on whether the bushings are press fit or not, if they are they will have to be drilled out and replaced. If they are push fit then they should be easy to replace. All depends how much you like the frame really. Not sure what you mean about the cable guide though…

Luigi1
    Free Member

The front mech cable guide is part of the casting of the mono link. Some how it’s moved towards the shock body, which is part of the rear triangle to. Sorry I can’t answer your q’s on the bushes, but it seems that no one else wants to either. I like this frame but I’m exhausted from trying to sort it. I’m beginning to look towards a Nomad & just give up – it’s useless to anyone at the mo.

sheldona
    Free Member

Give Extra UK (The importers) A ring, they’re really helpful. Failing that go onto the Maverick website and get Ethan’s email addy and mail him, he is very helpful too. The bolts are available as are the brass bushings

Luigi1
    Free Member

Sheldona – do you have their no.?

Tiboy

From what you’ve said luigi it would seem that the movement of the mech mounting is a symptom of the worn bushings, not actual failure of the casting. Sounds like it’s worth a try at extra UK. If you do decide you don’t want the hassle give me a shout, I might buy it and give fixing it a go.

BadlyWiredDog

Ah, do you throw your hubs away when the bearing wear out? The monolink ones are commonly available standard RS bearings, same size as a Hope XC rear from memory. You simply drive them out and press new ones in. It’s not exactly rocket science…

sheldona
    Free Member
    Luigi1
    Free Member

Just spoke to Extra – all sorted!! I have been chatting with the guys and have been pointed towards positive action. Thanks for every one’s input, I,m off to take it apart.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Maverick’s’ is closed to new replies.