Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Mates 40th present ideas?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Struggling!!
    Fifty quid ish, not really into anything outdoors wise.
    However loves djing (plays regular) music and football.
    Also cooking.
    Any ideas greatly appreciated!

ElShalimo

a really nice kitchen knife
    or a knife sharpener

Rockape63
    Free Member

If he’s got a garden….a tree?

shakers
    Free Member

A record bag that has a tv in it for watching football, and a chopping board and built in microwave.

Our welcome.

paddy0091
    Free Member

seetickets.com and have a browse for music he likes?

Victorinox kitchen knives?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Take him to A decent trail centre 30 quid on a decent bike hire, 20 quid for a few pints after, he will thank you for it, it s your duty as a freind and a biker

TooTall
    Free Member

40 year old men don’t buy each other presents. They just get together, talk about when they used to hang around together, promise to do it more often and get a hangover on half what they used to drink!

chakaping
    Free Member

Haha – many of my mates are hitting 40 this year and TooTall is bang on the money so far.

If you insist on spending £50 however, what’s wrong with a bottle of whisky?

Second just going out and/or getting smashed/having a meal and everyone bar birthday boy paying – it’s what we do.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wooh there I’m still only 37 and we do go out nown again big time! Racing all dayer booked so that’ll be the beers sorted! Really struggling!

mbydmt
    Free Member

Hipflask with engraving? My mate’s got an awesome one with a transfer/hologram (not tacky like it sounds) of a picture of him and a mate

tonyd

+1 bottle of whisky.

Some mates sent me on a knife skills and butchery course at a local cookery school/farm shop place for my 40th. Very surprising but most enjoyable.

Sounds a bit odd, but my Mum booked me in for a shave here. All the family chipped in and got me and the missus tickets to a show and a cheap hotel room for the night also. So we went up early doors and checked in to the hotel, I went for a shave and haircut while the missus faffed around for a while, then we went for dinner and a show. Great couple of days, if there’s enough of you that you can get a few hundred quid together it might be worth investigating.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Just got back from my own 40th birthday bash and I kid you not, I got one of these:

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Congratulations, you all come across much younger on the forum than you actually are in “real life”.

I think thats a great compliment.

Wheras unless you actually are 65 david, the exact opposite could be said for you.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Is that a compliment?

singletrackmind

Go Karting for an hour or 2 at a decent venue?
    Wembly Tour / Theater of nightmares tour if ooop north
    Clay Shoot day
    Brewery Tour .= Hire a mini bus , get a load of mates . Get spannered.

fadda

I got an electric RC ‘plane for mine – still take it out now (8 years later…)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mates 40th present ideas?’ is closed to new replies.