Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Massive flytipping incident – Staffordshire
  • parkesie
    Free Member

Piss boiling this is the load thats appeared on my route to work.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Quagw5]DSC_0913[/url] by chris, on Flickr

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

[/quote]Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    What’s the point of not allowing a direct link and then providing you with one after you’ve read the little lecture . Is it just The Mail or do they censor other publications ?
    You get this site for free, if you don’t like it…

ransos – Member
    Thank you for that it really answers my question .
    Your question has been answered, and it’s no-one else’s fault that you don’t like the answer.

Just to help you the question is the bit before the question mark , perhaps you could explain how it has been answered or are you just keen to put the boot in so you can be one of “the gang ”

ransos
    Free Member

What’s the point of not allowing a direct link and then providing you with one after you’ve read the little lecture . Is it just The Mail or do they censor other publications ?

I’m sorry but we don’t allow direct links to the Daily Mail on our website as we find it an abhorrent publication.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

OK so my point is there are far worse publications out there so banning direct access to The Mail is rather pointless , especially as they then supply a link so you can get on to it . And while The Mail is not my cup of tea there is nothing wrong with the article that has been linked to . I don’t expect to win an argument on STW forum that is critical of STW so I will make this my final post on the subject and will agree to disagree with others .

ransos
    Free Member

^whataboutery alert!

yunki
    Free Member

There aren’t really any far worse publications though Neil..

The mail provides fuel for hateful idiots in their millions.

Without the mail, we might stand a chance of nurturing a half sane electorate

mcnultycop

I’m very glad STW won’t link to The Daily Mail. Excellent work.

tjagain

I don’t always agree with singletracks editorial stance but on the mail they are spot on. YO can link to mail stories but STW do some magic trickery that means the mail get no revenue from click thru which seems reasonable to me. No censorship but no money into the mails coffers.

can’t see the problem myself

ratherbeintobago

What tjagain said.

senorj

I also agree with the stw/mail stance.
    Just read Thursdays copy in the tea room at work.
    I’m now full of hate and bitterness.

& re the fly tipping – something similar done in Herts recently.
    Tipper truck blocked a quiet country road with waste.
    grrr.

oldnpastit

My aunt had a friend who had written on her gravestone “I never read the Daily Mail”.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sadly this is the predictable consequence of making council tips expensive to use. That plus fines and chances of being caught provide little deterrent

vondally
    Free Member

Councils get hit both ways here…..Given the enormity of the cuts from central government grants have had to prioritise and to increase revenue
    So charging at Recycling centres for business use is one such method.

Who ever is flytipping is a business/ industrial scale so is reducing their costs aka making more money by fly tipping they will have added this charge on to any business transaction even if it is cash in hand.

See the case in Blackpool on the telly last night of flytipping.

vondally
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/jLrEj92DjnI[/video]

mrhoppy

jambalaya – Member
    Sadly this is the predictable consequence of making council tips expensive to use.

That has absolutely nothing to do with charging to send certain materials to the tips as a) it’s clearly not from a household, that’s post sort waste and b) it’s not the DIY waste that councils are entitled to charge for. And considering the financial pressure they’re under it would be negligent for a council to not be considering charging for Non-Household Waste brought in by residents anyway.

It’s an illegal waste processing operation or a lazy transport from making a quick buck. And the EA are struggling to enforce as their waste crime department has been hit by funding cuts under the Austerity drives. It’ll only get worse as currently 2m tonnes (ish) of rdf is exported into the EU and the route for that is looking more complicated.

bumper
    Free Member

DSC_0913 by chris, on Flickr

@parkesie

Is that on Leycett Lane?

lowey

Anyway…..

That flytipping is obviously organised. I suspect local skip company transfer station. Its clearly already been processed.

adsh
    Free Member

I’m very glad STW won’t link to The Daily Mail. Excellent work

X lots

What’s the stance on Jeremy Vine? 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

There aren’t really any far worse publications though Neil..

The mail provides fuel for hateful idiots in their millions.

Without the mail, we might stand a chance of nurturing a half sane electorate

Quite. That horrible rag is probably the biggest problem facing British society, IMHO.

It’s so reprehensible that even David Cameron tried to get the **** of an editor sacked.

ransos
    Free Member

Sadly this is the predictable consequence of making council tips expensive to use. That plus fines and chances of being caught provide little deterrent

What mrhoppy said: you’re talking out of your fundament. This is processed waste that has nothing to do with the “council tip”.

parkesie
    Free Member

@Bumper

Yes its Leycett lane.

bumper
    Free Member

parkesie – Member

@Bumper

Yes its Leycett lane.

Scumbags.

Took a divert down RedHall lane last night so never went past it. Bet the house owner that overlooks it is overjoyed!

takisawa2

Absolute scumbags.
    May they burn in hell.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Last time I visited 3 Cliffs Bay on the Gower Peninsula the entire bay was filled with 1/4 mile of that stuff, and worse. Dumped into the ocean, and then re-dumped by the ocean. My piss boils constantly.

parkesie
    Free Member

Its crazy i mean i see fly tipping regularly and the guys and girls from the council depot i work at do a great job of the thankless task of clearing it up but these incidents are just nuts.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Makes me…makes me……sooooo angry. The amount of rubbish everywhere in general these days is crazy. I blame it partly on our consumerist society and throwaway culture. However, kids need to be educated from a young age all the way through into their teens that it is not good civil behaviour to litter. Maybe then they won’t grow into adults that think this sort of thing is OK. It’s criminal and I really hope these oiks are apprehended and given the harshest penalties that not only teach them a lesson but compensate the council adequately to provide a thorough clean up job.
    If the wind kicks up this stuff is going to spread over a very wide area and it’ll be extremely difficult to locate. Drones may need to be deployed to assist as well as locals volunteering in the clean up. You can’t blame this on the council and think they’ll deal with it.

P.S. and what is it with the idiots in this thread ranting about links to the Mail and what not. Go start another thread. This one’s for ranting about rubbish of a different variety.

project
    Free Member

Who keeps flytipping loads of daily mail click throughs, if you want to read that crap go to wh smith and read it, like all the weirdos do.

jekkyl

More of it, not far away from that above. Looks like same stuff too. Absolutely foul. it’s gonna go everywhere with wind and rain.
    http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/video-who-has-dumped-all-this-waste-in-madeley/story-30104336-detail/story.html

parkesie
    Free Member

Shit me its all over the place. If theyve identified where it originates it shouldnt be hard to find who collected it. A landfill and a incinerator are within a few miles away aswell.

parkesie
    Free Member

This could be a complete coincidence but Stoke is hidden under a toxic cloud today, a plastics recycling plant is on fire.

parkesie
    Free Member

video 😯

parkesie
    Free Member

Now someone is going around setting fire to the piles of dumped plastics that haven’t been cleaned up yet.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I was just saying to the wife at the weekend, how fly tipping scum should be paraded through the local town on a Saturday afternoon with them having to drag their ill dumped rubbish behind them.

Name and shame.

jekkyl

yeah I saw that parksie, trying to get rid of the evidence? hopefully someone’s got something out of the pile sufficient to get the ID of the perp. BUT knowing public law enforcement and councils they probably weren’t quick enough.

km79
    Free Member

This could be a complete coincidence but Stoke is hidden under a toxic cloud today, a plastics recycling plant is on fire.

Isn’t this how most of them end up? Seems to me to be standard practice, stockpile the waste up and when you’ve run out of space all of a sudden there is a convenient fire. Far too many scumbags and criminals involved in the industry.

bigrich

find out who is doing it and fine them to 400% of the cost of the clean up.

and not just the waggon driver, target the prick in the big house with clean hands.

Anthropocene indeed.

spooky_b329

Seems this large scale commercial tipping is getting more common? My employer has just spent £15k clearing 50 tons of rubbish from this site as a goodwill gesture to the local community (it seems its not actually our land but they cut through our locks to gain access).

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2016/10/15/waste-bags-and-a-dolls-head-fly-tippers-turn-black-country-hill-into-giant-dump/

mrhoppy

jekkyl – Member
    yeah I saw that parksie, trying to get rid of the evidence? hopefully someone’s got something out of the pile sufficient to get the ID of the perp. BUT knowing public law enforcement and councils they probably weren’t quick enough.

But the most you might be able to pin on anyone use tidied from information from the waste is failing to fully comply with their Duty of Care to ensure the waste was managed appropriately, and even then it’s been processed so that would be difficult to justify. This isn’t just someone tipping their spare waste this is organised waste crime (which is highly lucrative) or the dying act of a failing waste business, its unlikely the material contained incriminating material.

parkesie
    Free Member

One load was found to contain alot of waste from a hospital including addressed items. Somewhere like that will have a record of who collected the waste and where it was going. From there it’s follow the paper trail and see where it goes.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Massive flytipping incident – Staffordshire’ is closed to new replies.