Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Marzocchi Z1 SL setup?
  • matt_geordie
    Free Member

Howdy,

Just wondering if anyone has managed to set these up well? I have some 2006 Doppio vintage and I can get them feeling ok but can't help thinking they could be better.
    I saw on Windwave website that you can have +ve 0psi, -ve 73psi and PAR 100psi! Is it ok to put 100psi in PAR and 0psi in the +ve chamber as I’ve only ever seen people adding 30psi in the PAR along with ~30 psi in the +ve (I don’t fancy them buggering on me while I’m out!).

Cheers people.
    Matt

juan
    Free Member

Apparently if you put no air in the negativer chamber but sh1te load in the PAR they are meant to feel very progressive.

Doug
    Free Member

You can set them up in so many different ways the only realistic way to give advice is for you to give your current settings, what you like/don't like about them and then settings can be recommended from there. Changing the oil heights also makes a huge difference to how much they ramp up at the end of the stroke. To hold the fork up in the midstroke and give a more linear feel I ran the left leg with lower oil but a slightly higher pressure. I used to run the right leg pretty high with oil but low pressure so that it ramped up towards the end of the stroke as the air volume dropped quickly due to the higher oil but with more progression than the PAR chamber and then added enough negative pressure to get it supple at full extension. I ran with minimal compression and rebound damping as I like a nice active fork.

The key is to understand how altering the pressure an oil level in each chamber affects the feel of the fork and then adjusting each individually.

It took me well over 6 months to work it all out but once you do they are an incredibly versatile fork.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

This is how I set mine up:

Set the -ve to get the ride height you want (73psi+)
    Set the +ve to get the sag you want
    Set the PAR 30psi more than the +ve
    Adjust compression and rebound to taste

Loving mine 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi Z1 SL setup?’ is closed to new replies.