Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Marzocchi Bomber 55 Micro Air Ti
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Anyone have any opinions on them. Are they Air or Coil forks, assumed they were coil due to the titanium spring!!! How do they compare to Lyriks/Floats etc…

Also, were Marzochi really bad in 2010, I hear they have got their act together a bit now.

Thanks all!

peachos
    Free Member

miles fookin better than Lyriks and 36s. anyone who says otherwise don’t know nothing. go for the RC3 though if you can.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I get confused by all the different types out there! Just about worked out what the different Fox models are, but also worked out I can’t afford spunking 900 quid up the wall on a pair.

I’m looking second hand, so unless I can get a bargain on the RC3s I’m having to take what I’m offered. Whats the difference between them all?

Northwind

They’re lovely… I’d have a set like a shot if they had height adjust.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Thanks northwind. Not to bothered about the height adjust, i’ll just be using them in the Alps. Are they Air forks like the name suggests, or will I be required to potentially buy new springs for them if they aren’t set up for my weight?

jedi

i got rc3 55’s = love in a fork! 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’m loving my 55’s so far, very plush and controlled. I put up a wee blog post on them, they’re the 55 RC3 Ti’s. I’ll be putting a lot of miles on them over the next while so I’ll see how reliable they are. I hear good things about the reliabiltiy now though and the 3 year, no service warranty is definitely Marzocchi putting their money where their mouth is.

Are the 2012 not travel adjust? I don’t use it anyway but thought I read that they were.

jedi

no they are not 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

Must have made that up then!

peachos
    Free Member

Have a look on crc they had some 2011 rc3 forks ranging from 350 – 450 the other week depending on what steerer/colour you’re after.

Rc3 ti is titanium coil. Dunno how much to change spring if you’re a fatty or a skinny…that’s why it’s always good to be medium! Has mechanical preload to finetune for your weight but they work best if you can use em with it wound right off.

Top fork!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I want one of those…welcome back ‘zocchi!

tpbiker
    Free Member

Positive feedback so far. Did Marzocchi have their act in order by 2010? I’m hearing horror stories about some of their forks, however hoping they were sorted by then?

jedi

2010 onwRDS

robsoctane
    Free Member

tpbiker – Member
    Positive feedback so far. Did Marzocchi have their act in order by 2010? I’m hearing horror stories about some of their forks, however hoping they were sorted by then?

jedi – Member
    2010 onwRDS

Good question, can you please let me know what you know Jedi? I’m certainly interested (in purchase) but would like to know more…

jedi

i got a pair of 55r’s in 2010 and they rocked. i got lyriks after but they never quite felt as good. i now have 2012 rc3 ti 55’s and they are amazing.
    marz are back in a big way in my opinion 🙂

sprocker
    Free Member

I ordered some 55 ‘s and they turned up broke and went back, looked on mojo clearance site and picked up some 2011 36 floats with kashima coat, fit cartridge etc for 600, done 1 ride and they feel very good 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi Bomber 55 Micro Air Ti’ is closed to new replies.