Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Mark Cavendish….(Spoiler)
  • boblo
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    i think I am being tolerant

from some anal wierdo’s

in their strange little bubble

Aren’t these statements mutually exclusive?

As for how long, same day would be nice but within the hour is the problem in this case.

OK, I’m done here. Last question. If you were chatting in the office to a colleague whom you knew was a fan of xyz sport, you knew the result and he didn’t. You also knew he was looking forward to catching up with it after work and asked you not to reveal the result during the conversation. Would you?

toys19
    Free Member

DD your grasp of logic has long been the subject of my amusement. Thanks for that missive.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD your grasp of logic has long been the subject of my amusement. Thanks for that missive.

Ah, then he gets personal. Bless…

Still loses though.

RichPenny
    Free Member

OK, I’m done here. Last question. If you were chatting in the office to a colleague whom you knew was a fan of xyz sport, you knew the result and he didn’t. You also knew he was looking forward to catching up with it after work and asked you not to reveal the result during the conversation. Would you?

Of course not, I’m not a **** 🙂 Equally though, if he knew you were a 100% certified **** and would tell him as soon as the conversation started, he’d avoid you. This same thing has come up every year around the TdF. I hereby predict that EXACTLY the same thing will happen next year. Sadly it does seem that to avoid TdF spoilers you have to stay away from here. Of course it isn’t right but them’s the facts.

aracer
    Free Member

I still reckon banning people who post spoilers in the titles would solve the problem.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of course it isn’t right

Which is all I think too. I, too, know very little will change.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So you reckon they should go on football websites and ask that no-one talks about the results til they get to watch the video?

The point is you can talk about it and no one is asking that people stop this. People are asking that people dont post titles which give away results. It is not hard to for this to occur and then both groups can do what they want.
    One group gets to not know the results one group gets to discuss the results.
    Why is this not preferable to one group has to avoid STW because folk use title threads as spoilers? It is worth noting the thread poster did it deliberately as he hates the tour and people who watch it.

fwiw I have pretty much no sympathy with those who think spoiler content is unacceptable or who imagine some unwritten agreement exists around this, but I understand that those who think differently are entitled to their opinion and that I am not going to persuade them to change their perspective

The problem is if you do your thing you stop us doing our thing. You can still do your thing and just not give the result away in the thread title. This has happened here across all sports and it just some basic consideration for other people. Really it is just ruining other peoples enjoyment not enhancing your own.

i think I am being tolerant, tolerant of peoples right to discuss current events without fear of retribution from some anal wierdo’s who have to watch the whole program at 7pm pretending that its happening in real life when the rest of the world knows what went on.

Again you can discuss it just dont ruin the result for people in the thread title.
    They could have said Big TdF crash [ even said] top rider out for example to attract people in rather than name them. Clearly it is more fun to watch something if you dont know the result than if you do. As for the ad hominem bit pointless and not worthy of response.

but I might have by accident

you might have then again you might have done it deliberately , had your thread pulled, then posted another one like what happened to cause this debate. They are not the same thing. The situation you describe usually involves the OP going sorry rather than gloating.

That is an example of intolerance.

what is ?asking him to not ruin the result for people? Is he not intolerant of our wish in fact he is doing it to ruin oit for folk is taht tolerance of other people? I tolerate people deliberately ruining my fun, you sure it works like that?? Given he/they can discuss the issue – start a thread even without giving the result away in a clearly named spoiler thread. All he did was ruin it for folk who did not want to know the result, Why you think that is tolerance and objecting to this intolerance is lost in me tbh. It’s a biy like asking someone to tolerate the behaviour of someone on an ASBO

People can discuss the sports live NO ONE IST YRING TO STOP THAT AND THAT WOULD BE UNFAIR it is only asked that titles dont ruin it for those who will watch it later.

i am going for 8 spoiler threads today 5 real and 3 ironically wrong ones.

RichPenny
    Free Member

i am going for 8 spoiler threads today 5 real and 3 ironically wrong ones.

So you won’t be on here, or you enjoy being angry?

Houns

ha ha oh dear 😆

CaptJon
    Free Member

Given this is an old debate because people have regularly posted spoilers in thread titles, surely anyone wanting to avoid results should avoid the forum. Ideally people wouldn’t post them, but they have in the past and will continue to do so, thus the only pragmatic approach to be sure of avoiding spoilers is to stay off the forum until you’ve watched whatever highlights you’re waiting for.

boblo
    Free Member

There is no need to, it’s against forum rules:

Drac – Moderator
    Iit may come under negative use of the forum rule, if we believe it is then will be dealt with. We respect for all sports or events that there’s those that can’t watch them live but will still visit forums. So out of respect it would be nice if people added SPOILER to the thread title if it was revealing something crucial to that event or had the potential to.

Kit
    Free Member

thus the only pragmatic approach to be sure of avoiding spoilers is to stay off the forum until you’ve watched whatever highlights you’re waiting for.

There are a group of people on here to which “stay off the forum” is an impossible task, even for 10 minutes. Or at least, that’s what it seems like, given that they pop up on pretty much every thread, whether they have a valid/funny/useful contribution or not…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

🙂

maxray
    Free Member

There are a group of people on here to which “stay off the forum” is an impossible task, even for 10 minutes. Or at least, that’s what it seems like, given that they pop up on pretty much every thread, whether they have a valid/funny/useful contribution or not…

This is very true! 😀

As much as I don’t agree with the views of junkyard and co I hope people don’t just deliberatly spoil things. I can understand the disappointment of having a result spoiled tho I still think its up to the person to avoid results not others be forced not to speak openly about it incase someone hasn’t seen it.

scaredypants

“forced” not to speak openly about ram it down people’s throats by typing results in a thread title

I agree – it’s totalitarianism at it’s very worst 🙄

thomthumb
    Free Member

sad that some people need to spoil others fun.

same mentality of the school bully ruining other peoples games in the playground.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I still think its up to the person to avoid results not others be forced not to speak openly about it incase someone hasn’t seen it.

I am not trying nor do I want people to be unable to discuss it live – there is a TdF thread every day. I fully support the discussion of the events for all sporting events live. I just want titles that dont spoil it fo rthose waiting for the highlights.
    TdF results discussion v
    Cav wins stage 7 discussion
    Wiggo out of tour in crash v
    Big tour crash top rider out
    that even gives something away bit not enough to spoil IMHO so is still ok.

It is pretty easy to avoid posting a spoiler title tbh and is done deliberately to spoil someone else fun [ it was yesterday anyway]

Imagine if a walker blocks a MTB from riding can they ask for tolerance of their views ? Can they ask that you ride where walkers dont walk?
    Should the walker just step aside then everyone can do what they want without anything being spoiled for anyone?
    It just requires a bit of empathy/respect for someone else doing something different from you, or if you prefer, someone not behaving like an arse to spoil other folks fun.

donsimon
    Free Member

There are some very sensitive souls on here.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

don simon – Member

yup

Junkyard
    Free Member

What your beef now?
    😆

derp
    Free Member

same mentality of the school bully ruining other peoples games in the playground.

Shut up and gimme yer lunch money!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And you, sir, would know.

donsimon
    Free Member

Ouch! 😥

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😛

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Mark Cavendish….(Spoiler)’ is closed to new replies.