Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Map me a ride, please?
  • monksie
    Free Member

I’m going to ride from Stockport town centre to the Olympic Park in one day in a couple of months time to raise money for MIND and St Ann’s hospice.
    Now then, because I’ve only just two minutes ago thought of this but now it’s in there, it’ll become an obsession and if I don’t, I’ll probs, be catatonic by the day I should have been doing it, I’m going to have to do it!
    Does anybody have one of those apps. that plans a route and would be kind enough to just have a quick look at how many miles it will be? AA route finder won’t give me the option of not doing motorways on this computer for some reason.
    Thanks very much.

druidh
    Free Member

Try bikeroutetoaster.com. There’s even an option to use OpenStreet mapping which has most of the cycle paths on it.

wwaswas

have a look at;

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bike-hub-cycle-journey-planner/id391782662?mt=8

(or the android equivalent)

It prioritises Sustrans routes and non-‘A’/motorway roads.

cp

google maps and just select walking?

simon1975
    monksie
    Free Member

“Start: Head south on Loonies Ct…….”
    You couldn’t make this up.
    Thank you. I’ll be back with a web page and blog. I’m going to suggest a sponsorship of £1.
    Any ideas what else I can do to make it more attractive so more people will give £1? I’m thinking a raffle. £1 ticket is sponsorship and entry into a raffle.
    Any good?
    Sorry, my mind is racing at the moment.

cp

thats going to be a long day in the saddle! good luck 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

Ha! Things are moving already. I only thought of this this morning.
    I’m doing it from Manchester velodrome to Olympic velodrome, 14th July.
    each £1 sponsorship gets a ticket to win a digital TV/DVD combination and if I don’t do it, every sponsor gets their £1 back and the raffle still goes ahead.
    St Ann’s (http://www.sah.org.uk/) are going to do some promotional work.
    A blog and Just Giving website should be going up tonight but I promise not to blanket spam everybody.
    Fingers crossed I don’t go off on one and bankrupt the family.
    Not sure what my psychiatrist is going to say, I may get myself sectioned :-).
    What about those tracking devices? How do I get one of those?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Map me a ride, please?’ is closed to new replies.