Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Man Utd played some football against another club
  • teamyeti
    Free Member

cmon united.

donsimon
    Free Member

I hope nobody notices!!

roblerner
    Free Member

that’s MOTD ruined for me. Cheers.

donsimon
    Free Member

Somebody noticed!! 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well Manure narrowly beat a very poor Liverpool side, don’t kid yourselves. Against the side that won 4-1 at Old Trafford about 18 months ago, today’s Manure would have looked stupid. Your defence is almost as bad as Liverpool’s. If you think you’ll win owt playing the way you are, you’re dreaming. Chelsea are in the kind of form that could see them run away with the title this season. Arsenal have been flukey, and I expect them to run out of steam by January, as they usually do.

Liverpool will be lucky to get through the early stages of the Carling Cup at this rate mind. 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you think you’ll win owt playing the way you are, you’re dreaming

yes your record of late is so much more impressive we should learn from that eh?
    Glad you have not lost the ability to insults fans of teams other than yours 🙄
    2 goals from set pieces for Liverpool EXCELLENT?
    OP poor choice you should say spoiler and not give away the result very poor

schnullelieber
    Free Member

@teamyeti

Thanks for that. ****t.

TheMooMonkey
    Free Member

Nice spolier alert OP, t**t

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, poor show by the OP. No surprise though. Premature ejaculation problems?

While Utd will no doubt relish the victory over what’s become a mid table side, they need to look at their defence closely. Chelsea will have the title won by Easter at this rate. They’d have had Liverpool buried by half time.

will1
    Free Member

Football is still shite.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Glad you have not lost the ability to insults fans of teams other than yours

Do you see the bit that says ‘Bin Dippers’? all just a bit of banter, eh? 😉

Liverpool are shite, I’m not denying that. But Manure aren’t exactly looking too hot, are they?

Chelsea have just scored after 73 seconds gainst Blackpool. 😯

EDIT: The original thread title made reference to Liverpool as the ‘Bin Dippers’, a popular nickname given to the Most Successful English Club Ever by their bitter rivals. 😉

Oh, and Nani is a proper diving little cheat. Obviously trying to fill the role that Ronaldo left…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The game was a spoiler to be honest. Two bad sides, plus Nani is a very good actor. Not worthy of an Oscar, but perhaps a Golden Globe. Or a punch in the face.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ha ha. Excellent work mods.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Man Utd haven’t played football for a lot of years, so the thread title is a bit misleading.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh dear.

Any predictions for the Chelsea Blackpool game? 6-0? 8-0? Double figures??? 😯

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Class 2nd goal by Berbatov 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Apparently Blackpool players have to take their own kit home to wash it!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

That’s proper football. I would never let anyone near my soiled shorts.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Will Blackpool score? They have come very close actually.

5-1? 7-1?

EDIT: This isn’t a fair competition, this game. Just ridiculous. 😯

loddrik
    Free Member

I bet there is some celebrating in the home counties tonight….

donsimon
    Free Member

And even in Madrid. 🙄

loddrik
    Free Member

Why are there lots of people from the south east now living in the Madrid area….?

donsimon
    Free Member

Why would people in the SE be celebrating a Man Utd win then?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    Why would people in the SE be celebrating a Man Utd win then?

Because the rumour is few Man U fans actually come from manchester

loddrik
    Free Member

A couple of examples, a mate of mine lives in chertsey, I went down a few years ago to watch the reds v the scum and nearly all the pub (about 80 people) had man u shirts on, not a manc amongst them. I worked in Guildford until last year and half the office supported London teams and the other half supported the scum. It is a stereotype born out of fact I’m afraid…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

In fairness though Loodrrik, I was in an Irish pub in Hackney a while ago, watching Liverpool v Chelsea, and there were 3 Chelsea supporters to about 60-odd Liverpool fans!

donsimon
    Free Member

Hence my comment about Madrid. I knew exactly what you were saying and a part from it being one of the most unoriginal things to say, it has already been established on here that the location that someone lives can not and should not prevent them from supporting a particular team, especially when you don’t know their history.

So, by your argument Elfin can’t be a Liverpool supporter, there are no Liverpool fans outside Liverpool. They guy I worked with in Wrecsam who had a Chelsea tattoo was lying.

You were given a brain, use it for something more interesting than regurgitating a comedy line from 1983! 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The teams give not a shit about the cities they inhabit. So why should anyone give a shit where the fans come from?

Manchester’s a far nicer place than either of the two big clubs that have it in their names.

loddrik
    Free Member

This has been done many times on here but I am of the opinion that people should support their local teams and many would be in a far better shape than they are, not glory hunters who support a winning team then switch to someone else, which is why so many support the scum in the south east.

Don Simon, so where are you from, clayton, Newton Heath, wythenshawe? Or do you have a ‘parent’ who does…..?

Sighs….

donsimon
    Free Member

OK, we’ve got it now, so there’s no need to mention it on every Man Utd thread from now on, eh?

I’ve already gone through it, I’m not repeating my history again. 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I am of the opinion that people should support their local teams and many would be in a far better shape than they are

Oh really? And how does that work then?

You do realise Liverpool are owned by two rich Americans, have a fanbase worldwide who support the club by buying merchandise, and have about 3 players who are actually born in the Merseyside area, don’t you?

Load of bollocks. Support who you like. I’ve been a Liverpool fan since I was 9. That’s 29 years. For most of that time, they’ve not been all that successful compared to Man U. They haven’t won anything for 4 seasons. I’d hardly call that ‘glory hunting’.

loddrik
    Free Member

And if they had been successful, you cannbet that half if Surrey would be supporting them by now…

And I am sure you started supporting liverpool because they were successful back then.

I just can’t understand why people wouldn’t support their local team, there is just isn’t the same emotional attachment there..

And btw, it’s only a ‘load of bollocks’ if you are in your position, I can assure you that most of the Liverpool or man u fans from their respective cities would rather these supporters support their local clubs so more people from within the cities can get to the game. But I don’t expect you to see it from my perspective, why would you…?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And I am sure you started supporting liverpool because they were successful back then.

More than likely. I was 9. I started off liking Arsenal because they had a red kit. Then I decided I preferred Liverpool because their kit was even redder. And some of my mum’s family were from Merseyside so Liverpool was more the ‘family team’.

I just can’t understand why people wouldn’t support their local team,

I’m Brown. in the 70s and 80s, my ‘local’ team, West Ham, had a rather nasty racist thug following. Upton Park was not the sort of place my ‘****’ dad would have taken me. I don’t think Leyton Orient appealed much, as they were in the 4th division or something.

And to be honest, I din’t really have much idea about the fortunes of any club really; we din’t have a telly, and i’d get bored of listening on the radio, so wasn’t really aware of how well they were doing. I did like the colour red though. When I was very small, I wanted to be fire engine.

Dunno why I’m bothering to justify my choices to you though. I thought you’d have some solidarity with a fellow LFC fan. Y’know, YNWA and all that?

So, I take it you’d like to see all the ‘foreigners’ leave, the Yanks to pull out, and LFC return to it’s ‘roots’ then?

Ah well, you’d better pull on an Everton shirt then…

loddrik
    Free Member

We are talking about supporters, not playing staff and owners. If Liverpool are suffering, you read about it or see it on tv, here it is ever present and all consuming and palpable.

And of course everyone knows that we scousers are all dolies and criminals so it’s going to take a lot of crisis loans for someone to be able to afford it from this city.

donsimon
    Free Member

I can assure you that most of the Liverpool or man u fans from their respective cities would rather these supporters support their local clubs so more people from within the cities can get to the game.

You seem to confuse your beliefs with facts.
    I think you’ll find that most real fans want the corporate sh1te out of the game, like my mate and his dad who have been season ticket holders sinse the year dot and are now thinking of not re-newing the tickets due to price increases. But I don’t expect you to see it from my perspective. Why would you?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So am I not allowed to be a Liverpool fan any more then? 😥

*Sniff*

guido

Liverpool will be lucky to get through the early stages of the Carling Cup at this rate mind.

They have the mighty Northampton Town in the next round. 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

define a ‘supporter’ loddick?

can you only show any interest in a club and their results if you watch all their homes games and wear certain coloured acrylic shirts?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

<Looks at label on most recent LFC top: ‘Made in Thailand’.>

😀

Still, at least adidas is a local company employing loads of people on Merseyside…

loddrik
    Free Member

I dont really care about what your definition of a ‘real’ supporter may be, I am referring to the people who were brought up, went to school and lived and breathed their clubs, fought on the playground because of them, people from 200 miles away can never understand that. Sure they can consider themselves ‘real’ supporters, but they chose to support that team, we are indoctrinated, we never got that choice, it was just always that way. People in Manchester live and breathe utd and city, likewise here for Liverpool and everton, yet most of the locals cannot get to the games, either through cost or severe lack of ticket availability. People in Liverpool and Manchester ( and newcastle) don’t support other clubs from elsewhere like they do in many other cities, yet too many ‘foreigners’ as you put it swallow up the ticket allocation so locals cannot go.

In my ideal world, the clubs would indeed be local and that also applies to the majority of the playing staff.

I know nearly all the people I know share my view, maybe not as vociferously, also know many many mancs for my sins,’and whilst we always disagree about football where utd and Liverpool are concerned, we all share pretty similar views thereafter…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd played some football against another club’ is closed to new replies.