• This topic has 582 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 583 total)
  • Man Utd…
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who are the mugs that fund all these shenanigans? Oh, sh1t, it’s us……..and folk moan about bankers

Oh bore the **** off. Come back when you’ve got something new to say, there’s a good lad.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Rooney was Fergies big faux pas. the first player ever to f fergie about, and not be sold, a la stam and keane. He’s nowhere near the player he’s made out to be, still living on past glories.

There’s United’s (and England’s) problem, right there.
    A thoroughly objectionable fellow in my regard.
    How is he seen in the dressing room? Is he liked? Respected? Does he have a winning line in Scouse banter, or do the other players do the shake’n’vac every time he leaves the room?

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like Danny Welbeck is going to fit in perfectly…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Who’s tipped your cart DD!?!

If you want to fund all this bllx, at least be upfront about it. It’s a free country after all – including “of speech”.

Try getting hold of a footballers contract and see all the hidden extras and bonuses – win, lose of draw. And then take their kissing the club badge with a pinch of salt. At least they are smiling while fleecing Joe Public and more fun being in the Kop than a branch of barclays

dragon
    Free Member

Yep Binners that’s what I meant wiht 3rd parties. I don’t understand at the moment how Man U have got around it. Possibly as it’s a loan and therefore officially not on United’s books.

This is good:
    Jorge Mendes agent

Dodgy? Look at his track record with the Bebe transfer to United. Plus how the hell did they sell him on for £2.4M this summer?

teenrat

If Man U have got falcao through 3rd party ownership then i hope they get all they deserve and the club suffers the biggest crash seen in football. They were involved in the tevez saga, through paying only 2m to west ham and who knows how much to Kia J. If the premier league are too gutless to do anything about it, then i hope the other premier league clubs uncover the dirt. I’m a sheffield united fan so the tevez / 3rd party thing obviously hits a nerve.

Jamie
    Free Member

Scenes 8)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Barcelona?????

timc
    Free Member

Welbeck & Cleverley get a rough ride, they are both good solid footballers who should do reasonably well at Villa & Arsenal.

As for Man Utd & their mega money signings, No point waiting until its too late to spend the money, unless of course it is already too late 🙂

One thing is for sure, no excuses for LVG now, he has been backed big time!

boxelder

Welbeck and Cleverly did well this w/e from utd view and they scraped a win against QPR I see. Interesting times.

binners

Scraped a win? Hmmmmmm

The result was good (read: a welcome relief. Its only QPR, after all). But it was the manner in which they went about it. They looked like a United side are meant to look. Pacey, attacking football, who look dangerous whenever they go forward. Di Maria was awesome! We’re still going to have problems at the back against the top sides, but it bodes well.

And Liverpool lost at home, and were as dull, lethargic and uninspiring as we’ve looked all season. Not a bad weekend really

Still can’t really see anyone challenging Chelski. At least there was this to raise a smile about though 😀

boxelder

I was being deing pointedly understated binners, just noting how the utd haters aren’t singing much this weekend. It could be a classic season if city, liverpool etc keep tripping up. Chelsea looking ominous though. Di Maria, though expensive, should (dare I utter the words) fill the Giggsy hole. All the press guff about Mata left out in the cold raised a smile.

binners

Sorry boxelder – its a Monday morning. I’ve not got my irony sensors up to speed yet 😉

Yeah… the scousers I work with, who’ve been gleefully crowing on a Monday morning are notably reluctant to discuss the football, for some reason. Paul Lambert really has got the measure of Liverpool. I suspect that a lot of sides going to Anfield will set themselves up exactly the same. They really did blow their only chance last season. Back to 6th or 7th for them this time. Where they belong 😀

A draw for Arsenal/City is a result too! Robby Savage summed it up yesterday. He said when you’re visiting old Trafford in the past, you’d look at the team sheet and think ‘oh shit!’, and you’re beaten before you get there. Thats just not been the case for a while. Its looking like the fear factor will hopefully be making a welcome return

spud-face

I think I’m developing a new man-crush (no, not steve davis)

Admittedly not every team can be as awful as Newcastle, but more of this please:

Ye sweary Geordie was unimpressed again I see (NSFW)
    [cynic]it’s amazing how fast he always gets home from matches to make these videos[/cynic]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTzbEjGq6d0[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

just noting how the utd haters aren’t singing much this weekend

I’m still giving Falcao a standing ovation for running up the sideline…

Junkyard
    Free Member

it was only QPR but we actually played football and did so well

Defence looks weak but only at Centre back and rojo can play there

Some pretty impressive home debuts there and lets hope it suggested to lvG that 442 is the way
    We should get champions league footy with that team but need some better defenders.
    RvP should be dropped before Mata and Rooney IMHO

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m still giving Falcao a standing ovation for running up the sideline

Euphemism? #strangest

Jamie
    Free Member

Despite some AMAZING Arsenal goals this weekend, as usual….*Coughs*…I think this was my favourite from Serie A.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc3Xhff2oHQ[/video]

binners

Zola-esque! 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

…and here is a Falcao one from the archives:

binners

This was possibly the best banner ever….

Though Mike Ashley will probably keep him there just to annoy the fans, and continue their dysfunctional/abusive relationship

Sonor
    Free Member

it was only QPR but we actually played football and did so well

We weren’t expecting much going up against a two hundred million pound strike force, I expected more of a fight, but we simply rolled over and died.

Harry the twitch and his negative waves again. 👿

spud-face

I had big hopes for Charlie Austin this season – how’s he looking? Not scoring me many points in the fantasy team, but is that him or QPR not supplying the chances? (I’ve not had chance to see them play yet)

boxelder

Why the obsession with dropping a striker. Rotate and keep teams guessing. It could be a bit of welcome relief at times for RVP, who is the most gifted of the bunch (though I disliked him fervently in an Arsenal shirt). The pressure will lift a bit from the back 3/4/5 and they’ll improve. Remember the laughter and slating Evra and Vidic got in their first few weeks? Have faith and hold firm. City and Liverpool – ‘castles of cards’. Chelsea out front, Swansea and Villa to slow puncture over winter, Arsenal to improve and finish third. Spurs? – Potchathingy looking a little like Moyes last term

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Though Mike Ashley will probably keep him there just to annoy the fans, and continue their dysfunctional/abusive relationship

I though we were going to get round to a carefully engineered plan to get Moyes (good with a budget) in time to beat Man U 🙂

boxelder

Not a snipe at you Mike, but it’s that parochial “so long as we beat Sunderland/Man U” attitude that is one limiting factor for Newcastle.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s not, and honestly having stood there on wet nights beating teams in Europe mid week and hitting the top end of the table year in year out the only time the so long as we beat the mackems line comes out is when there is nothing else to play for.
    Ashley does just enough to keep it going, he’s waiting for the big money owner to arrive and pay him out. Hence selling the good players. I don’t lay it all at the door of Pardew but he’s not the best. Maybe it’s time for some fresh ideas but they will get nowhere when the manager is not allowed in the room for the transfer talks.

Jamie
    Free Member

that is one limiting factor for Newcastle.

I thought it was more Ashely’s perfect contentment with anything other than relegation being just dandy.

Sonor
    Free Member

I had big hopes for Charlie Austin this season – how’s he looking? Not scoring me many points in the fantasy team, but is that him or QPR not supplying the chances? (I’ve not had chance to see them play yet)

He doesn’t get the service in away games. While we have played two teams in Spuds and Manure who are going to be in the top six come the end of the season, two 4-0 defeats points to the tactics redknapp is employing away from home.

boxelder

NUFC should be giants – support, history etc. It’s a shame – would love them to be challenging.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It is, in reality just the last big club not bought by a billionaire

binners

Seeing as Mike Ashley has made a statement saying he’s definitely not selling, that surely means thats exactly what he’s after doing. Will it revert back to St James’s Park, or will it forever be known as the 2 Trackies for a Tenner Stadium? 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think the naming rights were bought by someone who did just that. He’s deflecting offers until they are performing well. He’s investing avoid relegation and hoping to sell at UEFA qualified prices.

portlyone

2 Trackies for a Tenner Stadium (and a fee mug)

FTFY

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d be excited if I was a united fan, the vast amount of quality attacking talent that they have is bound to pay off, de Maria, Falcao, RVP, Mata, Herrera, even januzaj is a smashing player. Chelsea are showing that you can fit all these players into a team, and don’t have to adhere to the usual claptrap about needing big strong midfielders all over the place.

Van Gaal won’t be long in getting them playing how he wants.

Binners, agreed. Always love to see a Terry own goal!.

binners

Nobeerinthefridge – bang on! The thing about the best United teams in the past is that the goals could come from anywhere. You had a whole team who of players who could bang them in on a good day. Not just relying on traditional strikers. And how do you defend against that? With great difficulty!

Thats why it was refreshing to see 4 different players scoring yesterday. The way things should be at Old Traffiord! 😀

I’ve just had a look at the original post in this thread

wanmankylung – Member

The thing that I find funny is that Man Utd have shorter odds for winning the title than Liverpool.

Still looking funny? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks knackered just for the photo shoot 8)

binners

He is shaping up to be Arsene’s Fernando Torres moment 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s not looking good. Especially compared to how Sanchez has started.

binners

Sanchez workrate on Saturday was incredible. He looked awesome. He must have covered some serious distance!!! But all it did was highlight what a bone idle **** Ozil is!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 583 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd…’ is closed to new replies.