• This topic has 582 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 583 total)
  • Man Utd…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

In other news, best beard of the weekend went to Ben Hamer of Leicester.

Here it is protecting his face against a giraffe in a football kit…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and at the weekend he likes nothing more than chopping a few christians

dragon
    Free Member

Ashley apparently also owns the naming rights for Rangers’ Ibrox ground, even owns 9% of the clubs shares. So there could be two clubs with grounds called 2 Trackies for a Tenner Stadium.

You can’t read much into ManU’s weekend win as QPR are beyond dire. Having lost to ManU, Spurs, Hull and Burton, since the start of the season and only scored 1 goal, which was in their only win so far against Sunderland.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The fact that Man U beat newly promoted QPR 4-0 is news says a lot about where Man U are. They have to score 4 every week to have a chance of a result against anyone with a clue, its the defense that needs sorting.

NUFC should be giants – support, history etc. It’s a shame – would love them to be challenging.

Who wants to go to Newcastle though, their ability to get decent players in compromises their ability. Plus the ungracious fans don’t appreciate what Ashley has put into the club and suffer permanent delusions of grandeur. In the 40 years I’ve been following football they’ve always struggled as also rans.

Costas looks like a steal, I hope he stays fit and Althletico did Real again – nice !

binners

Jambalaya – at least LVG has abandoned the 3 at the back nonsense, which a team like City or Chelski would simply rip apart. The reason for optimism was how dangerous we look up front. Which we just didn’t look at all last season. You just wondered where the goals were going to come from. They didn’t. Thats looking very different now. He’s got bags of attacking options, as the players he’s signed can play in a multitude of positions

But I agree that with the defence we’ve got at present, its going to have to be the Kevin Keegan school of football. Going out to score more than the opposition put past you. It’ll be interesting to see the scoreline for the Chelski game. It sure aint going to be nil nil.

In the 40 years I’ve been following football they’ve always struggled as also rans.

Seeing as I’ve already referred to Kev, its always worth watching this again 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

chambord
    Free Member

Look at what Hernandez is up to these days

binners

He’ll do a Forlan. Or a reverse-Torres, if you like. Couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo for us (though created plenty) then went to Villa Real (IIRC?) and was the highest scorer in La Liga the following season. Hernandez always knew where the net was when he was a super sub, but always struggled when he started games

binners

Jamie
    Free Member

He’ll do a Forlan. Or a reverse-Torres, if you like. Couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo for us (though created plenty) then went to Villa Real (IIRC?) and was the highest scorer in La Liga the following season. Hernandez always knew where the net was when he was a super sub, but always struggled when he started games

binners

Anyone seen the Liverpool score?

Oh….

Oh dear

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Liverpool can’t score for shit.

West Ham are fun to watch.

How things can change in a season.

Junkyard
    Free Member

lets wait till we have played eh

Perhaps only ex Man U players will score goals this weekend?

Jamie
    Free Member

Predictions for tomorrow:

Man City 2- City 1
    Leicester 2 – Man U 2

Junkyard
    Free Member

Man City 2- City 1

City will win that one I am certain

Jamie
    Free Member

City will win that one I am certain

I’m not too sure. City seem unstoppable with Costa and Fabregas, but City have a habit of turning up and quietly demolishing teams. Depends whether Yaya turns up for City, and Costa starts for City as his injury issues seem to be appearing again.

I have been drinking.

*swoon*

binners

Liverpool shipped loads of goals last season, but scored more. Looks like they’re adhering to one half of that strategy this season. Normality has returned. 7th. If they’re lucky.

My money’s on city tomorrow. I just haven’t decided which yet.

Jamie
    Free Member

I know it’s only Saturday, but I reckon Aaron Ramsey made the pass of the season earlier…

8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

fellani has yet to play this season give him a chance but that has set the bar high

Jamie
    Free Member

#neverforget

Junkyard
    Free Member

Only posting for the URL …not really it is worth it

Jamie
    Free Member

I do hope Draxler comes to Arsenal, as has been rumoured. Just what we need, another tricksy midfielder.

As an aside, I do like the gfycat url naming scheme….

binners

On the plus side Jamie… Ozil showed up for a few minutes. The new Berbatov? Score, then spend the rest of the match in a deck chair, smoking Gitanes and reading poetry?

Jamie
    Free Member

I think Berbs had a bit more strength. Ozil looks like he is about to shatter.

In other news, this is a cracking article about Felix Magath.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/20/fulham-farewell-magath-felix-madcap?

binners

Jamie – can we have a gif of Di Maria’s goal please? 😀

Looking great going forward. Sublime passes for both goals. But it’s looking like the usual keystone cops affair at the back. Oh well. Kevin Keegan football it is then. I think we might come a little bit unstuck with that at some point.

Jamie
    Free Member

or http://mediacrush.net/2d8nbGiMUHa4 for better quality HTML5.

binners

Fanks! An absolute beauty! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Quite the entertaining game…

Jamie
    Free Member

Spoilers follow.

*cough*

*prepares emergency Greggs care package for Binnerz*

Klunk
    Free Member

lol

Klunk
    Free Member

deary deary me 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

*removes Walkers crisps from care package*

Klunk
    Free Member

3-1 to 3-5 in 20 minutes takes some doing !

mikey3
    Free Member

Bit of mysyic meg from binners in earlier post,bizzare game.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Anyone seen the Utd score?

scaredypants

😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Ah well…they’ll always have QPR.

binners

Looks like LVG’s Kevin Keegan approach is delivering the same results it generally did for Kev. Absolutely shambollic at the back!

* breaks glass on emergency steak bake container *

Klunk
    Free Member

“I know everything about the team [Leicester], about individuals, substitutes, what the atmosphere will be like in the stadium, how they take free-kicks, everything.”

Jamie
    Free Member

* breaks glass on emergency steak bake container *

This man needs 10ccs of Ginster’s Pasty. STAT!

Incidentally, I was at King Power for the Arsenal game a few weeks back, and the place really does bounce. Great stadium to go to.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 583 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd…’ is closed to new replies.