• This topic has 582 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 583 total)
  • Man Utd…
  • MSP

I do get tired of all this talk of “the united way”, it was made up by Fergie because he didn’t like the attention the arsenal undefeatables got, and as pointed out recently by Keane, was one of many bits of fergie bullshit that never got questioned by the media.

eruptron
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    Jesus, all betting must be suspended on Chelsea FTW – citeh should’ve slaughtered united but instead scraped it, ref’s eyesight notwithstanding

We’ll see if Chelski have their traditional mid season lurch if so we’ll see how they perform under pressure.
    As for todays game it’s 3 points in the bag and should have been more. The ref was diabolical moaned about for giving a peno last week then not giving one of 3 clear penos today with the one on Kun right in front of him. Then the one one Yaya that would have seen Utd down to 9 men.
    Got a bit nervy towards the end but no where near as bad as the SKY pro Utd commentary would have suggested.

Junkyard
    Free Member

How the mighty have fallen!!

Indeed but all things come to pass. the only question is if we are rebuilding and going fwd or going backwards.
    Time will tell.

binners

THM – I’m starting from a low base – last season. So I’m taking not getting absolutely slaughtered two weeks running as pretty positive. Remember what City have done to us last few seasons? The 6 – 1 for example.

We’ve put in two pretty respectable performances. I thought Rooney was prime for getting sent off when we went down to ten. I thought he’d get so frustrated he’d probably launch Aguaro into row Z

Our aim this season is top four. We were never going to be challenging for the title. I’m perversely quite enjoying our underdog status for the last couple of games. But chelski couldn’t beat us, and city managed a 1nil against ten men

I’m sure you’ll excuse me for feeling pretty positive about that. Everything’s relative 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m starting from a low base

so are city, they aren’t playing that well at the moment.

spud-face

Apart from maybe Chelsea all the top teams look like they could do with strengthening at the back.

ahem…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Binners, yes I understand. I have no allegiance to any football side but admire Man U and don’t like to see how bad things have gone. Other than the input this has on the role of a manager and the extent to which this is under or overstated.

I was teasing about Rooney. He has matured a lot (or got slower) so the old red card, rash tackles seem a thing of the past. Early 2H I thought MU were on for a battering a bit like the Ba Bas in the (better) other sport yesterday. But credit to both that they fought back.

MSP

Southampton are doing well, but they have yet to play city, arsenal, united, everton and chelsea in the league. Clyne though is one of the best defenders not at a champions league club.

binners

I had Southampton down as relegation fodder this year. Shows how much I know. The table doesn’t lie. And they deserve to be where they are. They’ve looked outstanding! To galvanise a new squad into playing like that is pretty bloody impressive! LVG doesn’t seem to be doing so bad so far either IMHO, on that front

Makes a mockery of Brendan Rodgers and his frankly laughable ‘we’re a club in transition/the dog ate my homework sir’ nonsense. 😉

spud-face

Whilst this is true (december’s going to be a toughy with the cup game included):
    -we’ve already beaten two of the top 6 away from home
    -as repeatedly demonstrated by Arsenal, you can be tonked by all of the big teams and still qualify for the CL if you in turn tonk all the smaller fish
    -the Big teams aren’t tonking as readily as usual this season

Agreed, since Clyne’s learned not to fall over when a ball’s played over his head he’s looked excellent! i presume it’s just the england U21s debacle that’s stopping him getting a senior cap (plus that we haven’t played arsenal, chelsea, city or a couple of mid-table teams yet)

Jamie
    Free Member

Apart from maybe Chelsea all the top teams look like they could do with strengthening at the back.

Fantasy Football suggest Saints bucks that trend…

Junkyard
    Free Member

He has matured a lot (or got slower) so the old red card, rash tackles seem a thing of the past

He has just come back , first game, from a 3 match ban for a rash challenge/hatchet job

Southampton have been superb every one of their defenders except the one we bought and the one Liverpool bought….perhaps they dont travel well 😉
    Interesting to see where they end up though

scaredypants

junky, the one you bought makes rooney look slim – that’s something, surely ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Binners is the diet consultant for Man U …what could possibly go wrong

PrinceJohn

So now ManU are level on points on WBA & Newcastle – is that really good enough?

As one of the European greats there really shouldn’t be a transition, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Celtic have all been continually successful through regime changes Fergie was always going to be a tough act to follow but they always knew he was going to retire at some point, so not to have had a strategy in place seems to be very short sighted by who ever is in charge…

Junkyard
    Free Member

NO MR savage it is not but the defence – injuries- has been a mess this season
    Give them time and then decide.
    I think van gal comment that there is not much difference between us and the best is a reasonable comment
    Its a 38 game season

PrinceJohn

I think van gal comment that there is not much difference between us and the best is a reasonable comment

Only 13 points difference after 10 games…

Junkyard
    Free Member

in the last two games we played against them.

Given you said what savage had said I assumed you had read the BBC website
    Sorry if it was unclear and my assumption was not true

We are most unlikely to challenge Chelsea

Klunk
    Free Member

oops new signing need in midfield and defense or not!

lemonysam
    Free Member

So that’s Man U into the top four…

boxelder

5 mins left yet…….

boxelder

See – as soon as I typed it…..

lemonysam
    Free Member

whoops, I can’t read

lemonysam
    Free Member

Well this could get embarrassing fast

Jamie
    Free Member

We have now reached full Arsenlol.

The goal in the 95th minute was just the icing on the cake.

lemonysam
    Free Member

So that’s Man U into the top four…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

How I feel about Arsenal….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlYo8EYTWI[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

I feel about Arsenal, the same way Fellaini felt about Wilsheres headbutt attempt:

I had a chance to go today, but things didn’t quite work out.

Bullet. Dodged.

binners

Thank god we’ve got the best shot stopper in the premiership! No question about man of the match!

We weren’t great. To say the least. I feared the worst when I saw the formation he was playing. Because it’s worked so well every other time he’s played 3 at the back. Didn’t turn out a bed game plan. Soak it up and hit them on the counter. But that’s how we’ve won premierships. Grinding out wins when you’re playing gash! Top 4 might be realistic. The title certainly isn’t. But the arse must be more worried than us tonight though. That should have been wrapped up first half. 😀

binners

And Wiltshire should have been off. The dick! That’s the kind of nonsense you’d expect from Rooney years back! He’d have been in serious trouble if he was actually tall enough to reach sideshow bob

Jamie
    Free Member

Wiltshire

Who? 🙁

binners

The little-man-complex gobshite who should have been off for an early bath. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

U Wot M8? 😀

scaredypants

What is the usual punishment for wiping your nose on an opponent’s shirt ?

😆

binners

Looks like they’re set for another mahoosive spending splurge

The Dutchman is targeting Roma’s Kevin Strootman, who would cost around £30m, Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels who may be priced up to £35m, Atlético Madrid’s Diego Godín – in the region of £25m – Barcelona’s Dani Alves, for around £15m, and may potentially move for Arjen Robben, with the Bayern Munich winger costing no less than £40m. If United decide against taking Radamel Falcao permanently from Monaco – it would cost £43.5m to take up the club’s option – then Van Gaal would also be in the market for a striker.

😯

martinhutch

TBH they need to be careful about disrupting a team which appears to be starting to gel a bit.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes I saw that, £100m. IMO it’s not nearly enough these days to re-build a squad to compete at the top level, also with no CL football a lot of players won’t come for anything other than ridiculous money. So if Manu U don’t finish in the top 4 their budget will go even less far. Bale cost £90m (?), as has been shown at Spurs one £90m player is worth more than 4 guys at £25m

MrSmith
    Free Member

ManU are one of the most entertaining teams in the premiership, nearly as good value as Tottenham.
    Keep doing what you are doing and don’t change a thing.

Kind regards

A Chelsea Fan.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Now now MrSmith – I did nearly choke as Jose spoke how Spurs didn’t deserve to lose 3-0 after playing most of the football and controlling the game for long periods 🙁

boxelder

3rd, playing badly, with lots of injuries.
    Looking forward to them getting those wheels back on.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 583 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd…’ is closed to new replies.