• This topic has 582 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 583 total)
  • Man Utd…
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Wellbeck doesn’t score enough goals to play for ManU, they need 5 for a draw 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Naismith. The Scottish Messi.

spud-face

Slightly OT but nonetheless fascinating scouting report on Spurs: 😀
    Bearsy Investigates

(shamelessly stolen from saintsweb)

binners

Back in the top 4! 😀 courtesy of De Ge. And the fat lad getting himself suspended! Looked far better without him.

This Chelsea game is getting a bit handbags already. I doubt it’ll finis with 22 players on the pitch at this rate!

nick1962
    Free Member

The table doesn’t lie….United back in the top four and CL contention and back on track?
    In football the margins between success and failure are fine indeed. A missed penalty and a great save today and a couple of lucky breaks against the Hammers last game.If they’d gone the other way then Utd would now be one place above the relegation zone(or worse!) and the knives would have been out.It’s a funny old game.

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmW-ScmGRMA[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member
    lemonysam
    Free Member
    shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Oooooof!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Good game that. United are great to watch because of their quality going forward and the lack of it at the back! Its like watching a Keegan side! Tougher run of games coming up now after a very easy looking start, be interesting to see how they fare.

scaredypants

Time to recall Moyes, now that Louis’ doing worse and Moyes’ marquee signing is ON FIRE !!!??

😀

binners

So how do you play against this LVG United side? Just slide a long ball through the middle, and get someone with a bit of pace to run into to the completely empty half of the pitch where, more traditionally, a defence would generally be found.

If he plays that formation on Sunday against Chelski then I’m sure everyone will enjoy the 15 – 7 scoreline, and they’ll have to extend MOTD to fit the goals in.

At least Costa is still likely to be out. If he plays it against City after that, then Aguaro could well get himself into double figures, with another hatful from Silva, Navas and Toure as the game finishes 27 – 8

martinhutch

Time to recall Moyes, now that Louis’ doing worse and Moyes’ marquee signing is ON FIRE !!!??

Moyes had an indifferent start and then fell through the floor. VG has had a shite start but I can see gradual improvement. Defence still pretty shocking, obviously, but IMO it’s the lack of goals for that tends to kill you in this league.

I think most supporters should be feeling slightly more optimistic at the moment. Sixth, a point off fourth, ahead of Arsenal.. 🙂

(I’m a City supporter, BTW, so it’s not just the usual blind faith).

jambalaya
    Free Member

If he plays that formation on Sunday against Chelski then I’m sure everyone will enjoy the 15 – 7 scoreline, and they’ll have to extend MOTD to fit the goals in.

I can’t see a team who scrambles a late equalizer against West Brom scoring 7 against Chelsea

binners

They’ll have to leave themselves slightly more open at the back than usual if they’re going to score 15. Double hat trick from Fellaini in 20 minute super sub appearance in the second half, and a freak wind-assisted one added from a goal kick by De Gea

binners

A goal in Fergie time to rescue a point? It’s just like old times 🙂

hora
    Free Member

A point aint worth 3 in the bush like in old times.

Klunk
    Free Member

van Gaal is 1 point worse than Moyes was after nine games (though the same league position) with the manchester derby next.

binners

Not really the point. that was a pretty good performance against the best team in the premiership. So we’re improving. If you’d have asked most united fans if they’d take a one all draw today, you ‘d only get one answer.

Big test next weekend. Then we’ll see where we are. Pity they’re not playing Real midweek

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yes, it’s not really the point Binners. LVG has had a wee bit more money to spend!!!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

quite cute they celebrated like that, did they win the league?

hora
    Free Member

Lets hope Man U finish out of the top4. Nice not having too many matches around here this year 8)

PrinceJohn

Not really the point. that was a pretty good performance against the best team in the premiership. So we’re improving. If you’d have asked most united fans if they’d take a one all draw today, you ‘d only get one answer.

But – look at West Ham & especially Southampton, given the changes at Southampton no one gave them a chance & they’re currently second. ManU – £150million spent & languishing in 8th.

Would the same thing happen at Real Madrid? Bayern Munich? Barcelona?
    The upper ranks at ManU at the moment seem to be without idea of what’s going on…. no real consistent strategy, until they sort this out I think Utd will continue to be inconsistent.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s Pochettino I feel sorry for*

*I don’t really.

PrinceJohn

I liked Danny Baker’s tweet yesterday about Leeds.

Leeds have announced that following
    Have I Got News For You model, they will now engage host managers for each match day.

binners

As Fergie always said: the league doesn’t start until January. Let’s see where west ham and Southampton are then eh? And that’s not belittling them. The table doesn’t lie. They’re better than us. Will they still be in February?

Had the weird experience today of being in the pub watching the match, with a load of blue mates all screaming for united.

PrinceJohn

As Fergie always said: the league doesn’t start until January. Let’s see where west ham and Southampton are then eh? And that’s not belittling them. The table doesn’t lie. They’re better than us. Will they still be in February?

I have no doubt that come the end of the season the usual suspects will be there or thereabouts. I just think if Utd aren’t careful they could follow the path of Liverpool & end up seeing qualifying for the Champions League as a great season, not the title.

Out of curiosity – what do Utd fans think of the whole midweek friendly thing in the absence of CL football?

I’m a City fan & think it’s ridiculous, imagine if a key player picked up a season ending injury? Or just the additional fatigue that the travelling will cause for pointless fixtures that won’t help their premiership campaign in the slightest…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@PrinceJohn agreed hats off to Southampton.

Levy deserves all the misery, too many managers. 4th and 5th doesn’t look so bad now does it ?

Man U should have lost that game 3-0 some poor Chelsea finishing and woeful refereeing. Amusing Felenis header lead to the goal

PrinceJohn

Man U should have lost that game 3-0 some poor Chelsea finishing and woeful refereeing. Amusing Felenis header lead to the goal

It also doesn’t help with Mourinho’s tatics, last season the Premiership was there for the taking, much as it is this season, but too often when they go 1-0 up away from home Chelsea shut up shop & go defensive, they did today & it cost them 2 points… also where is the strength in depth in the Chelsea attack? Without Costa they look short…

Klunk
    Free Member

love the current back four
    Valencia Carrick Rojo Shaw

Klunk
    Free Member

van gaal has probably given his team the haardroger! treatment 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Looking a bit desperate today. Riding the luck of a ref who forgot to go to spec savers.

So the fuss about VG is what exactly.

Oops, nothing that the ref can do about that finish…

Klunk
    Free Member

Not really the point.

now 4 points worse than moyes 🙄

scaredypants

Jesus, all betting must be suspended on Chelsea FTW – citeh should’ve slaughtered united but instead scraped it, ref’s eyesight notwithstanding

portlyone

Not a bad performance given we had no defenders and played the piss poor Di Maria and Januzaj.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the fuss about VG is what exactly

No idea and given his lack of success elsewhere it must just be hype?
    Clearly the jury is still out on Man U but that is a pretty daft statement.
    Did you miss the last world cup soccerball tournament as well?

love the current back four
    Valencia Carrick Rojo Shaw

Sums up our problems tbh

4 points worse than moyes

Indeed but most folk think if we could sort out the defence we will be ok- last year we just looked shit.
    We have been very very unlucky with injuries so have no settle sided at the back. Whether they are good enough or not I am not sure but the lack of stability has really been an issue

binners

Last two games we’ve actually looked like a proper united side. That could have been an arse-kicking when we went down to ten (should have been nine, admittedly)

But VG has got them playing with some spirit at least. Some good performances there today. If you’d have said we could take a point from City and Chelski the way we were playing at the start of the season, I’d have taken that.

Bodes well for the rest of the season if that’s how we play against the top two

MSP

if we could sort out the defence we will be ok

Sorting out a defence is a hard job, there are a lot less quality defenders around than there are attacking players. Apart from maybe Chelsea all the top teams look like they could do with strengthening at the back.

United got a bit of luck today with the penalty decisions, but the ref was unsighted by other players, maybe the linesman should have seen them, but I don’t think the ref could really be blamed it was just luck.

mrmoofo

Great result!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Binners, ok there was some late spirit as is often with ten men, but that was for the most part a pretty desperate performance. Large parts of the first half were hanging on and then hoofing the ball.

Credit to Rooney though, he worked his socks off and thank goodness he has lost that yard of pace so that he doesn’t dive into fouls when someone has skinned him. He must feel bloody frustrated, poor lad.

Sticking with Fellaini says all you need to know about a manager. So he slows the game down, fouls the oppo and (should have guven/) gives penalties away. What is the point?

If you’d have said we could take a point from City and Chelski the way we were playing at the start of the season, I’d have taken that.

How the mighty have fallen!!

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 583 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd…’ is closed to new replies.