Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Malwarebytes
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

Anyone used this
    Malwarebytes?

Seems like I've got a bad virus on my other computer which AVG, Windows Defender, Windows One Care and SpyBot have missed. There's suggestions that the Malwarebytes is pretty effective.

Milkie
    Free Member

I use it, as you say, it seems to pick up stuff that SpyBot & others miss. It's a lot quicker than SpyBot too!

dobo
    Free Member

i use it, seems a little basic and somehow annoying, maybe its just the purchase buttons and that you need to pay for the protection module, which i dont.
    seems to do the job though.

i should add, windows defender seems very average in detection, i dont use it anymore, i also use avast antivirus

cxi
    Free Member

Does a decent job IMHO, given it's free. Best run in Safe Mode

Some malware will stop it connecting to the primary (default) update site, so try one of the others it offers. I've also seen some malware stop it installing, so best run after the ComboFix and SmitFraud tools (which can kill your PC if you're not careful!).

Solo
    Free Member

I got MB after recommendations from here. Sorted out a computer issue I had and usefully, allows me to delete my index.dat file when it gets too large.

Gets my vote.

Solo.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i use it at work to clean infected machines in conjunction with spybot S&D and superantispyware… between the 3 of these, they seem to sort pretty much any/all infections.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Malwarebytes’ is closed to new replies.