Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Make me feel better – who else didnt get out today?
  • ahsat

Went for a 12 mile warm up yesterday to get the legs rolling post NYE for todays ride round Northumberland and half way round felt like I was going to vomit and body was falling apart. I admit I am not my fitest at the moment, but this is a regular little hour loop for me. By the time I crawled home I had a bath, and crashed in front of the tv. 30 hours later I still have a raging headache, dispite much fluid (for once the non alcoholic variety) and paracetamol and still feel like poo! Spent today day crashing round the house feeling grumpy. Come back from seeing a mate to cheer me up a bit to log on to Flickr to see my mates photos from todays great ride (already had a barrage of texts and pic messages so got the idea they were having fun) and Sheldons as ever awesome photos.

So, who else didnt get out in what looked to be awesome conditions. No great riding photos please! Lets be grumpy together!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Was rubbish round Skiddaw today, lots of thick ice on the track, dazzling sunshine, no proper mud and it only took us 3 hours 🙁

clareymorris

Aye, Sounds crap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ahsat

Thanks simon! Normally I have alot of respect for you and your photos, but I’ve just changed my mind! 😛

I feel bad enough knowing this is what I missed out on:

Bet it pisses it down and blows a gale next weekend! Grrrrrrrr

colnagokid

Me!
    apart from riding up and down the street adjusting gears, and getting mountain bike going again- it got dumped in a heap in Sept’just fitted new BB, chain, etc.
    was going to ride over to watch cross race (on x bike) but left it a bit late, so didnt go out, just watched the footy and drank tea

clubber
    Free Member

i planned to get out after my son’s early feed which has tended to be around 630am but he slept till past 9 for the first time so didn’t. Kinda good and bad as we all needed the sleep…

ahsat

Damn…I was right:

UK Outlook for Friday 9 Jan 2009 to Sunday 18 Jan 2009
    Friday is expected to continue to be dry and cold with clear or sunny periods and with widespread overnight frost and the risk of freezing fog patches. These cold, mostly settled conditions are expected to continue across southeastern parts of the United Kingdom through the first weekend. However further north and west we are expecting a gradual breakdown to wet, windier and milder conditions to occur as rain spreads to most areas. Then during the following week we can expect unsettled conditions to dominate with either showers or longer spells of rain at times, with northern and western areas tending to have the most rain. Temperatures during the following week will probably be milder than of late, generally close to or slightly below the average for the time of year.

Though saying that, the MetOffice dont seem to be able to forecast past 48 hours at the moment!

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Didn’t wake up till 4pm today, so no. no ride.

You’re making me want to go out and play at the skatepark now, though.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Normally I have alot of respect for you and your photos

bloody hell! Everyone else thinks I’m an attention seeking tosser and now I’ve pissed on my chips 🙁

stoney
    Free Member

I can`t get out cause my knee is still only about70% from a crash @ Glentress mid Dec.

ahsat

To be fair – I cant really complain that much as my other half has been working all day saving lives and I’ve just had a headache!

bloody hell! Everyone else thinks I’m an attention seeking tosser and now I’ve pissed on my chips

Lol! Dont worry Simon, I am sure you’ll quickly win back my respect with another round of photos – though once I’ve stopped feeling grumpy!

rOcKeTdOg

bring on the mild wet weather, can’t be arsed with the ice

clareymorris

Oh no we hate mild and wet!!!

rOcKeTdOg

i don’t, i love mild and moist, very nervous of ice since breaking my arm and having it put back together on the operating table, no confidence at all on the slidey stuff

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

bring on the mild wet weather, can’t be arsed with the ice

you TART!! I like it cold and frozen – ice is exciting to ride/fall on :o)

Retrodirect
    Free Member

You’re making me want to go out and play at the skatepark now, though.

rOcKeTdOg

see my previous post 🙄

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Had a day in bed with the GF and then got out before dark to have a blast around the frozen canals. Nowt special, very cold but nice to get rid of some Christmas toxins.

A good day all round. 😀

nukeproof
    Free Member

No riding for me: took kids down to Brighton so they could use their new scooters on the sea front…was a lovely family day but bloody cold!

cyclelife
    Free Member

Full of flu and a middle ear infection/possible perforated ear drum, not ridden since before Christmas and looks like at least next weekend before I could get out again – New bike waiting to be ridden in the garage 😈

Best not rush it though!

new bike pic – sorry;

jazzpootle
    Free Member

cyclelife – is that the new SC Nomad? I want one!!

I managed to get to the park and ride around a few times with the dog barking and biting at the wheels – very embarrassing. After 3 laps he stopped biting and ran in front of me for a whole lap – perhaps I have broken his habit.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Yes, just arrived in time for me to build it up, then get ill before i could ride it 🙁

marvintheandroid
    Free Member

Me. I was going to go out, but never managed to get it together. Probably go out tomorrow night if it’s not too freezing.

Anyone alse have problems with gears not working when it’s below zero ? Or is it just me?

marv

colnagokid

marv, only when the cassette fills up with ice and chain slips over the sprockets

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Make me feel better – who else didnt get out today?’ is closed to new replies.