Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Majorca Road Training Camps
  • Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’m wanting to go on a road cycling training camp ideally to Majorca in March for a week. I’ve found a couple of companies doing these trips with the best one so far been Wheels in Wheels.

Has anyone got any experience of this type of training camp and recommend any tour companies. Looking at going on my own so no doubt have single supplements to pay so if these can be avoided all the better. I have an average fitness level but could manage 60-70 miles a day for 5-6 days.

Blackhound

I went with Graham Baxter Sporting Tours about 10 years ago to Benidorm, but they do Majorca as well. No problems for me, they just matched up the singles into pairs at random to reduce the singlr upplement.

Going for 12 days in March, 3 of us are sorting out own thing out.

i went last year with Ciclos Uno, an east London cycle shop that organises training camps mostly for Essex clubs. We went in February and were lucky with the weather for the first week: it was mostly dry and mild, and by delaying the start of the ride on one or two days we didn’t get rained on at all. However, there was snow in the second week, so you can get unlucky with the weather.

We stayed at Porta Pollensa: the terrain at this end of the island was great; we could choose between going to the mountains or flatter, rolling terrain. The road surfaces were very good, although slippery after it had rained: apparently they are known for this.

My advice would be to go easy on the food, especially if your trip includes half board with a buffet evening meal. You might need to eat a bit more than ususal, but many people stuffed themselves and put on weight…

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations and advice. Will give Graham Baxter a look.

I’ve been looking at airlines too and out of all the budget companies Easyjet seem to be the better option, what do others think?

geoffj

I’m going myself at the end of March. I’m doing it on my own. It would appear that a lot of the hotels are well geared up for cyclists. This place is heading the accommodation for me at the moment – http://www.duva-pollensa.com

EDIT: I’ve booked flights with easyjet from Manchester for £130 all in including luggage and bike bag.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Booked my flight to Majorca, flying with Monarch. They were easily the cheapest at £139 return in April including pre-booking and paying for the bike. Easyjet were about £200 and Ryan Air at £240! All same date for departure and coming home and similar flight times.

Also booked the training camp, after a recommendation going to Dave Le Grys camp based in Pollenca, can’t wait!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Majorca Road Training Camps’ is closed to new replies.