Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MAHOOOSIVE thanks to CRC and Park Tools! :o)
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

About 4 years ago I bought a Park Tools track pump from CRC. It was the cheapest Park one there was, about £25 at the time
    A couple of weeks ago it broke, leaking quite badly from somewhere inside the base. I was all set to buy a cheap one from Tesco/Aldi to replace it when I noticed a rip in some gloves (Also from CRC) I'd only worn a few times. So I contact them on the offchance the pump was under warranty, and lo and behold Park Tools have a lifetime warranty. Result!

So I send both off and get a call from CRC saying the gloves will be replaced but the pump has to go off to the distributors to be checked first. This morning I've just recieved the replaecment £55 worth of PFP-4

Wow. Just Wow. :mrgreen:

And this isn't the first time this has happened: I had a Camelbak bladder develop a leak. I sent back the bladder on it's own, and recieved a whole new Camelbak Scudo in return.

I wonder why I keep using CRC? 8)

Alb
    Free Member

Park Tool warranty is amongst the best in the industry!

theflatboy
    Free Member

you would have likely been able to claim for a replacement under sale of goods even without their lifetime warranty. but good news, all the same.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    finbar
    Free Member

you would have likely been able to claim for a replacement under sale of goods

Doubt it. "In general, the onus is on all purchasers to prove the goods did not conform to contract (e.g. was inherently faulty) and should have reasonably lasted until this point in time (i.e. perishable goods do not last for six years)."

cp

good news. maybe I'll take my (hardly used) park pump which wont go above 20psi before pissing air out back to where I bought it.. if it's still in the cellar – I may have chucked it!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

CP – I would! I wasn't expecting anything at all, so I'm super-chuffed!

theflatboy
    Free Member

finbar – Member

you would have likely been able to claim for a replacement under sale of goods

Doubt it. "In general, the onus is on all purchasers to prove the goods did not conform to contract (e.g. was inherently faulty) and should have reasonably lasted until this point in time (i.e. perishable goods do not last for six years)."

you would have little problem demonstrating that such a fault was as a result of an inherent problem with the item, being able to get an independent "expert" to confirm the fault, the cost of which would be recoverable anyway. if you point this out to any retailer they would likely offer a replacement rather than force your hand.

Jamie
    Free Member

The support foot on my Topeak Mountain Morph snapped off last month. Cue several trips to the LBS as ExtraUK sent the wrong part twice despite me sending a picture of the damage and I still had to pay for the part. Think I will be getting my pump from a different manufacturer next time. One who offers a slightly better warranty period.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I emailed park tools when my pressure guage on my pump failed – withint the week a new one was on my doorstep 🙂 Park Tools CS = Hope CS IMHO 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

This is indeed very good indeed. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MAHOOOSIVE thanks to CRC and Park Tools! :o)’ is closed to new replies.