Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Magura Wotan service manual
  • richc
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get a set of instructions on how to service my Wotans? if not anyone sent them off and if so how much was it?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

£65 service from magura

richc
    Free Member

Thanks

So nobody has changed the oil in these?

BigJohn

Give them a call 01530 414142

The manual says you mustn't unscrew the lower bolts (after pulling out the adjuster) on my Menjas to slide the stanchions out, but does say you should use a screwdriver to prise off the upper seals.

Dave at Magura says NEVER prise off the seals, but every now and then undo the bolts, pull apart, soak the sponge wipers in oil, give everything a wipe down and clean and top up with 20mm of SAE30 oil before reassembling. The magura forum will also give you good advice.

kamina
    Free Member

According to Magura it voids the warranty…

Had one for a while, it went utterly stiff when it got cold. Lot's of others had the same problem, apparently the used some kind of vaseline as a lube that froze during the winter. According to Magura it was not a fault, rather a feature. Trying politely to work it out with them I got so fed up that I sold the fork and got something else instead. Still happy to use their brakes but I'll wait a few more years before trying the forks again.

thepurist

I was looking for some info for the Laurin and found this Russian site about the Wotan

richc
    Free Member

cool thanks! so of the translation is amusing but I get get the gist of what they mean

thepurist

True – "A gentle hand movement take off his pants." isn't something I expected to read about fork servicing….

racing_ralph
    Free Member

No oil leaks from his pants and rub his feet.

richc
    Free Member

Insert the legs into his pants, slowly, without distortions.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

this russian translation still makes me laugh

Big-Bud
    Free Member

jools you legend

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Magura Wotan service manual’ is closed to new replies.