Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Magura MT4's anyone?
  • timber

On paper they look like what I’m after, but anyone actually using them?
    Or know manufacturers fitting them for some bike shop car-park testing?

I quite like a short lever throw with a firm bite, love my old set of C2’s because of this, with a little more power, a bleed port and a non-spongy open system they would be ideal.

TBH though, I’ve found a cracking deal and may just take a punt anyway.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Not got them but i want a set, what deals you found?

MaguraServiceCentre
    Free Member

Please be careful if purchasing from a certain internet website, as we believe they are not genuine aftermarket brakes.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I assume the deal is merlin cycles

PePPeR

Hmm a link would be great, I need a new front brake after my Martas have failed for the umpteenth time, and yes they’ve been serviced by the Magura service centre!

TBH they are getting old and it’s my front reservoir that seems to be playing up and I love my Magura brakes so a cheap deal on a new set would be great!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Link???

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Please be careful if purchasing from a certain internet website, as we believe they are not genuine aftermarket brakes.

So that follows that they are OEM brakes, yes?

Are Magura OEM brakes inferior in some way? Do you knock out substandard brakes or seconds for OEM….?
    I think not.

I imagine they are as good or better than the 2 sets of Magura Louises that I bought from Merlin, also OEM.
    i.e. Pretty much faultless, 100% reliable and worth every penny of their more realistic price….

Wouldn’t want someone getting something cheap now, would we? Noooo that would be baaaaad!!!!

wwaswas

I’d buy them I’ve got 5 sets of magura brakes on the go and they’ve all been faultless.

PePPeR

Peter you were a lot louder than me, I was a little taken aback at Magura service centres response!

timber

It is Merlin cycles, chunk off and another 10% until tomorrow.
    I would like to think that a new brake would not be needing warranty back-up. Don’t want something on a continuous warranty replacement.

Shackleton

I thought OEM brakes weren’t meant to be sold other than as part of complete builds (hence the OEM name)? So I read it as Magura’s comment only applying to after market and not to OEM, presumably implying that someone does knock off versions on the cheap.

matt_outandabout

So does Magura not warranty thier own OEM brakes?
    Or maybe they want us to all worry that any Magura brakes bought online are not to be trusted/warrantied/made in an inferior way?

wwaswas

I suspect not – they treat them as ‘second hand’ if not sold as part of a complete bike and thus not covered.

Any warranty is likely to be through Merlin which, tbh, is probably ok for most people and given Magura brakes reputation it’s unlikely you’d need to call on it anyway?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

How do they know they are OEM?

beagle
    Free Member

I’ve been a big fan of Magura brakes for years, always sworn by them, recommended them to mates etc, but after a recentish experience with said UK Service centre ^ up there I’d say OEM stuff is jut as much of a punt as buying new.

Money isn’t as easy come by to me as it was, but I bit the bullet and ordered a pair of shiney new after market Louise BATs. They never worked properly out of the box, a part failed on me, which wasnt ‘covered’ even after it was only a couple of months of ownership. I paid full RRP, genuine after market stock and felt let down having to fork out more cash for expensive, overpriced spare part, which I felt it was a chore for the Service Centre to order me in.

I’m always loyal to brands and an easy going guy, giving the benefit I the doubt, but it really got my goat in fairness!!

My best set of brakes were cheap and well looked after second hand purchase off here, still going strong. I’m tempted by the Merlin deal myself, as everything else I’ve had from Magura has been bomproof 🙁

oxym0r0n

Just to add balance, I’ve had nothing but excellent service from the service centre, including new levers for my Marta’s under the 5-year leakproof warranty, when the seals went.

I have 2 sets of Marta’s and bar the odd bleed, they have been rock solid…

scottfitz
    Free Member
    wwaswas

easiest way normally is to see if they’re retail boxed with fitting kits, instructions etc.

if it’s in a plastic bag then it’s probably OEM.

MaguraServiceCentre
    Free Member

Just to clarify our response.

We did NOT say we wouldn’t warranty any OEM brakes. We carry out full back up as we would with any aftermarket brake.

What we said was to be careful if you were buying from a certain website as we believe they are not aftermarket brakes but are OEM. This means that they should only be sold with complete bikes & not on their own.

You can tell if they are OEM or not, as generally OEM product will arrive to you without the aftermarket flashy packaging.

So what our concern is (& we are still trying to resolve this) is that the brakes may not arrive to you with the correct instructions, correct fittings, and correct parts to ensure that the product works to its full capabilities.

We have had cases in the past where an OEM product has been sold online without the correct rotors/pads/hoses & this will in fact cuase the 5 year warranty to be void. This is something we don’t want for our customers.

In answer to PeterPoddy: we believe they are OEM as a customer called us yesterday to ask about the fact the brakes arrived to him in plastic bags!!!! No genuine aftermarket product in the UK from Magura arrives in plastic bags!!!

That said it is a deal & Magura cannot dictate where customers buy their product, I was just trying to point out it may be a product that isn’t aftermarket.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Magura MT4's anyone?’ is closed to new replies.