Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • magicshine 816 anyone?
  • pondy
    Free Member

anybody got or used one of these lights?

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/products/MJ-816E-1800-lumens-Magicshine

at the moment i have a p7 torch which i use on my bars and a mj 808 for the helmet, the 808 is fine but the torh isnt great so want to replace it. is the one in the link overkill for single track or shall i go with mj872 which seems more used?

also i know there is a ton of threads about better mounts for the these lights on the bars, has anybody got a better mount for the helmet instead of the velcro mount>

parkesie
    Free Member

872 or have a look at these.

PMK2060

I have this light on my bars. The light wobbles too much due to the weight. I use a piece of rolled up inner tubeto keep it secure but it is still not ideal. Good beam though.

montylikesbeer
    pondy
    Free Member

i think im going to get me a 872. also want to find a better helmet mount like the one the Exposure Joystick uses

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

personally i would go for one of these, cheap as chips….

http://www.evomtb.co.uk/3x-cree-xml-t6-led-bicycle-headlight-4-modes-3800-lumens-battery-charger

i dont think for a min that the claimed power is anywhere near that stated, however, they are supurby bright, and super cheap. win win imo

raisinhat
    Free Member

I’ve got an 816. I don’t have anything really good or bad to say about it, it lights up the trail, lasts a bit over 2 hours, and the mount is ok but could be better.

I’d go for an 880 if I was getting a new one.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Well, couldnt resist, i have just decided to buy one of the 3800 lumen lights, will let you know what its like when it arrives (soon hopefully as i am impatient LOL) i already have one of the 1200 lumen ones and think its great, but would like to put one of them on the helmet and keep one for the bars, not sure which way, im thinking the 1200 lumen as a headlight and 3800 lumen as a handlebar light? or should i go the other way round :-/

raisinhat
    Free Member

Put whichever one is lighter onto your helmet. Personally I don’t like having a helmet light with a trailing wire and a battery in a jersey pocket, but do whatever you get on with.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Abductee – thanks for the link, i will make sure i do some comparative tests of it when it arrives, i know a mate bought one and seemed happy with it and im sure he had a 1200 lumen one beforehand! but time will tell.

raisinhat – was thinking of leaving the lead trail down back of helmet and into camelbak, i did have a cree torch on my helmet so no wires, but its just not bright enough! 😆

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

well, got the light today, and im pretty pleased with it, there is no way it is the claimed 3800 lumen, but then i never expected that, however, it is definatly noticably brighter than my single LED versions!.

in saying all this i have just noticed the 1200 lumen lights are now down to 20 quid delivered!!!! cant belive that as i always seem to end up paying loads more. lol

the 1200 lumen ones are here…
    http://www.evomtb.co.uk/1200-lumen-bike-light-iamoutdoor

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Looks like they are back at 24 quid now! Maybe they were priced wrong!

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Seem to be back under 20 quid!!! I have just brought one as I thought missed out last night lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘magicshine 816 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.