Home Forums Bike Forum PSA 2 for 3 offer on Chinese XML lights.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • PSA 2 for 3 offer on Chinese XML lights.
  • abductee
    Free Member

Just recieved one of these 3x XML bad boys from China. Turned it on and it’s a nice floody beam. Low-Mid-High-Flash-Off modes. There’s lots of them on ebay for around £35 delivered.
    (picture is from another vendor)

But wait a minute comparing it to my single XML it’s the same brightness. I start wondering if I’ve been sold a 3 XPG but the led’s look similar to the single XML light. Pointing it at a dark surface close up reveal its got one bright led and 2 very dim. So I take it apart and find its got a 2 channel driver circuit both channels giving out 2.8v . One led driven from one channel and the other 2 LEDs are wired in series to the second channel. I’ve re-wired it and soldered 1 LED per channel (one led is now disconnected) and now it’s brighter than the single XML light but it’s 2 LEDs driven not 3.

I suppose it’s still value for money and bright enough with 2x XML but I would much rather run 3 at lower power where they’re more efficient than 2 at full throttle.

Northwind

There’s a bit more on these lights on the massive Bikeradar lights thread… I’ve got one on the way to have a play with, see if I can get it working right.

abductee
    Free Member

Ah this. 67 pages took some finding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘PSA 2 for 3 offer on Chinese XML lights.’ is closed to new replies.