Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Macavalanche 2012
  • This is my edit of the Macavalanche at the weekend. Had an amazing time and the sun did its work on both days. The event was super relaxed and everybody seemed to be really happy. I can see this event going from strength to strength. If you were not there you missed out on a classic!

Well done to the No Fuss Events team!! 🙂

Hope you enjoy the video!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFenaBOLEAY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Diane
    Free Member

Ace video. Who’s the cool chick at 39 seconds? 😉

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Damn! I was there last year and it was a corker. Missed this year due to work, and if I sign up for next year, sod’s law dictates that it will be hideous weather, as I understand it was at Glencoe today – seems you got pretty lucky with a weather window.

Nice edit.

Yeah we were very lucky with the weather in Glencoe. They had another big dump of snow on the Sunday night bringing the snow line quite a bit further down the mountain. That would have been interesting for the race.

grum
    Free Member

Looks ace, can’t wait to have a go at that (though the weather will never be that good again!).

Well never say never… last year the sun was out as well but there wasn’t as much snow on the mountain this time last year. Then again it is Glencoe so anything can happen! 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Where was your camera mounted, if it was on your head then you would of gon a lot quicker if you looked ahead :wink:seriously though that looked like lots of fun how many riders entered?

Where was your camera mounted, if it was on your head then you would of gon a lot quicker if you looked ahead

I wondered where I was going wrong ha ha. You have brought up a good point though about a problem with the chest mount. I find chest mount is a great for rider footage but on really steep sections the saddle tends to hit the camera knocking it off angle giving a good view of only your feet! Might need to devise a wedge shaped block to fit behind the cam to stop this happening.

I think there were almost 150 riders entered. Not as many as last year but I have a feeling next year there will be many more due to the new format which turned out to be a success.

grum
    Free Member

What was the difference with the format?

DickBarton

VHS instead of Betamax…bluray instead of DVD…

Last year the course was not open for practice. After taking the 2 chairlifts for a course inspection walking down to the bottom, it was a helicopter ride back to the top for one mass start race.

This year there was open practice on Saturday morning followed by 3 qualifying heats to determine which of the 3 races you would be in on the Sunday. Then there was pratice on the Sunday morning followed by the 3 heats. So a lot more riding now and very similar format to the Megavalanche.

stevemtb
    Free Member

That was a great event. Can’t say it clicked for me until half way down the snow in the race run. Hung at the back at qualifying not wanting to get involved then did fairly similar for the first few minutes of the race.

As soon as I got involved in catching and passing people the speed and confidence came, shame I was fighting back from third last in the C final at that point!!

Absolutely loved the weekend and went from thinking I was never up for racing again to wanting to do it again half an hour later if I could!

Absolutely loved the weekend and went from thinking I was never up for racing again to wanting to do it again half an hour later if I could!

I know what you mean lol. I’ve felt like this a few times, especially remember thinking this at the Megavalanche in France last year, then right after I’m signing myself up for the following year. 🙂

blueandwhiteblade
    Free Member

If anyone needs a lift to the 2012 Mega, please get in touch. I’ve got one or possibly two spaces in my car, travelling from Nottingham on Sat 14th or Sun 15th July and will return on Monday 28th to be back in time for work on Tuesday.

It’s supposed to be me and a mate going but his new job means he’s not certain if he can go. I’ve got plenty of room for 3 of us so can definitely take one more, possibly two if my mate can’t make it. I’ve worked out that all travelling costs will be £500 (tunnel, fuel, tolls) which we’ll just split evenly. I’m staying at the campsite in the valley (Allemont).

It’s gonna be a good trip!! Please get in touch if you’re interested on 07725072359.

Cheers.

Stuart

blueandwhiteblade
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Macavalanche 2012’ is closed to new replies.