Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • M785 Pad Axle
  • fathomer

As I’m a complete numpty I’ve managed to lose the pad axle from the rear break. The part code according to the tech docs is Y8JZ98010 but I can’t find one on the net. I’ve mailed Madison but no reply as yet and it means I’m bikeless till I get one sorted!

Any ideas?

Fat-boy-fat

A big split pin is about your only option if you can’t find a replacement (that’s what they supply for Deore brakes anyway, so it does work quite well).

fathomer

Can anyone point me in the right direction, not sure what I need?
    Cheers.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_206737_langId_-1_categoryId_255228

Something like that. Not quite sure on the size.

Your LBS might have something lying about…

simondbarnes

You could go to your LBS and ask them to order part # 8JZ 9801 from Madison. It’s a carriage free item so the shop won’t need to wait until they have a minimum order before placing then order. However, the part is currently out of stock and there is no due date.

Don’t you get a new one if you buy a set of pads?

fathomer

LBS, if only there was one of those round here that I had any faith in. Out of curiosity, how do you know they are out of stock?
    Cheers

simondbarnes

Out of curiosity, how do you know they are out of stock?

I logged into Madison’s B2B site and checked.

fathomer

Fair do’s, I have managed to find one on a German site (bicikli.de), if Madison don’t come back with anything tomorrow I might have to order through them, not keen on bodging it.
    Thanks again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘M785 Pad Axle’ is closed to new replies.