Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lyriks – damper volume and LSC.
  • Scamper
    Free Member

Have some Feb 2013 Air MiCo 160 lyriks and I’ve put in a new DH MiCo compression Damper.

Firstly can I just confirm the damper volume is 184ml for this model year? I drained 201ml out of it which seems way to much, although earlier ones were 193ml.

Secondly I know it is designed to work out on the trails, but messing around up and down curbs and braking seem to have no difference with the LSC fully on or off – pretty sure originally I could tell some difference even with just a few clicks. Sag is 25% and rebound adjustment is working as it should and forks feel a lot better after a lube change too.

Scamper
    Free Member

Bumpy

normski
    Free Member

Go off oil height rather than volume as this is a fool proof way of getting it right regardless of fork.
    With the stanchion half full cycle the rebound rod up and down a few times to allow oil to work into the rebound head, then with the rebound rod full extended downwards top the oil level so it will sit a couple of mm above the base of the MoCo damper.

Scamper
    Free Member

Firstly the cheap measuring cylinder from ebay was way off – I reckon 18ml. Having said that I experimented with differing volumes with no success. Pretty sure I have the correct 184ml in now.

As regards the rebound head, oil is def circulating in it, as residual oil comes out when its pumped a few times. Also when the compression damper is taken out oil has to be carefully drained which is sitting above its base, so I presume the bottom of the damper is covered? Will double check that tonight and will see how the forks feel out on the trails this weekend.

scruff
    Free Member

You need the oil vol from the right year, it’ll be on the SRAM website somwhere but I know they changed the oil volume between some years as I got caught out aswell, I use a 50ml cylinder from a camera shop.

As for LSC there should be a difference even riding about the street yanking the front brake on.

Scamper
    Free Member

Yes, I think the damper volume changed to 184ml in 2012, my forks are Feb 2013 going on the serial number.

Scamper
    Free Member

Think I may have found the problem -the lsc port is only closing about three quarters with the dial fully closed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lyriks – damper volume and LSC.’ is closed to new replies.