Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lyrik Dual Position Air, Anybody have any experiance with them?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

These look interesting and lighter than coils has anybody tried DPA of any kind? How did it feel/work?

snaps
    Free Member

Yes, I got some in June from CRC @ half price for my 5 Spot, they’ve been fine to date.
    The air RS recomended sag pressures are a bit optomistic but apart from that, OK

Stevelol
    Free Member

I have a set of 2-step air Lyriks that have been working fine, wouldn’t mind trading them for some Revelations though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m struggling to decide between DPA and U-Turn the DPA is more convenient(assuming it doesn’t break) and lighter but the U-Turn is bomb proof but less convenient and heavier.

mildred

I had 2 step airs & still have u-turn coils. I actually preferred the feel of the 2 steps, but they did have to go back under warranty for a loose damping cartridge & for the air cartridge bleeding, whereas the u turns have been
    Fine.

nosedive
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 step lyrik air. The travel adjust is much more convenient and easy to use than U – turn. Overall they work brilliantly.

Superficial
    Free Member

U-turn is too arduous to actually use on the trail really. Unless I’ve got a monster climb I rarely touch the u-turn. I’d use DPA much more, I reckon.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Time to fess up. I have 2-steps and they have already been back under warranty once and the 2-step was replaced it is now playing up again but this time its different. Fishers have very kindly given me the option of having the spring replaced with a different kind, I love the travel adjust on the 2-step and how its just a 90 deg switch to lower/raise the travel, much better that U-Turn.

I am erring towards DPA at the moment.

yetialex
    Free Member

Had some 2008 2-step air lyriks which suffered travel loss of around 20-30mm after around 500km, they were repaired under warranty but only lasted another 500km or so before showing similar symptoms. These were then replaced under warranty with a 2009 set which lasted around 4000km but eventually suffered the same fate, so swapped the 2-step air system for a u-turn coil conversion from TF Tuned. About £100 iirc about 4 months back and although I didn’t weigh them, TF reckoned the conversion added around 20-30grams. Don’t really use the u-turn function as its a load of hassle, but never used to use the 2-step that often either. Coil does feel a little more plush though.

Northwind

Remember dual position and 2-step aren’t the same thing.

You’d like to think that after totally ****ing up with 2-step, that they’d make damn sure the dual position works.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yea that’s what I’m hoping the DPA is all air where the 2-Step was hydraulic. For all their other faults Fox don’t seem to have many problems with Talas and AFAIK they are all air.

Northwind

Never really liked TALAS tbh… Uturn’s a wee bit more faffy but it doesn’t impair how the fork operates and that’s got to be the first priority I reckon. Uturn you can use at any point and it works properly, which seems how it should be.

(no experience of dual position though)

yetialex
    Free Member

Remember dual position and 2-step aren’t the same thing.

My mistake, every day’s a school day. Hope the DPA’s work because when they are reliable, the lyriks are great forks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik Dual Position Air, Anybody have any experiance with them?’ is closed to new replies.