Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LX HT2 crank question
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Tried fitting some last night but they seem to sit about 5-10mm further out than my current version XTs, any reasons that you can think of or am i doing something wrong?

Duane…
    Free Member

Which bit sits further out? Surely if one of the arms is 5-10mm further out than it should be, you won’t be able to get the plastic preload nut screwed in?

khani
    Free Member

Did you give em a wack tap with a mallet to make sure they’re all the way in?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

duane the spider sits further out so the middle ring position didn’t clear the chain device (e13 xcx)

woody2000

Have you got an XT double specific chainset on there currently? Probably has a narrower q factor than an LX triple I guess.

Duane…
    Free Member

Is there a gap between the Driveside BB and the Driveside crank arm?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

woody – both triples

Dickyboy

odd – I’ve swapped a number of LX & XT triple cranksets between bikes & not had any issues – is it the m580 series or their newer treking cranks?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

m580

woody2000
    rob-jackson
    Free Member

me being a spaz put the ring in the wrong position, outer instead of middle!!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

rob jackson – Member

me being a spaz put the ring in the wrong position, outer instead of middle!!

Ah. I feel your pain. Spent 4hrs trawling the interweb before the obvious dawned on me. 🙂
    😳
    🙄

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘LX HT2 crank question’ is closed to new replies.