Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)
  • Does anyone know Luminous lights ?
  • Mrs MTG has got a Luminous 701.
    It’s the one I got as a warranty replacement after I found they are not as waterproof as he claims.
    Not long after I gave it to her, the charger failed.
    She made enquiries about a replacement, but then had a serious accident and couldn’t ride a bike for a few months, so it got forgotten about.
    She recently sent the charger back for replacement.
    It took a long time and a few emails to get a response from him as he was laid up in bed ill.
    The cheque was cashed about two weeks ago.
    Mrs MTG emailed him again to ask about delivery, only to be told he was waiting for the cheque to clear. It was showing as paid on her account.

So, does anyone here know him ?
    Is he really too ill to put a charger in the post, but not too ill to take a cheque to the bank ?

Is he always this disorganised, or has he guessed from the similar post codes and limited number of 701s that he has sold that this is my old light and he is being deliberately awkward after our previous dispute about the meaning of the words “water proof”

Does anyone here know Luminous personally ?

He cashed the cheque for the charger over two weeks ago, but we still haven’t received it.
    He claims to be laid up ill in bed, so if he’s got any friends here, perhaps they’d like to go round and make sure he’s still alive.
    Maybe they could help him out by posting the charger too if he’s too ill to get out and do it himself.

Luminous
    Free Member

Graham.

Contact me through the usual channels and have a word with the mods to have this thread AND my name removed from here !.

xcgb
    Free Member

To be fair it does sound like he tried!

tinybits
    Free Member

Pitchforks!

bobmac892

+1 on what XCGB said.

Luminous
    Free Member

OK, thanks for the reply, although it wouldn’t have taken any more effort to email her over the last two weeks than to reply here today.

Or does emailing individual customers to explain why they haven’t yet received items they have paid for not carry the same priority as trying to salvage the reputation of your “waterproof” lights on a public forum ?

Luminous
    Free Member

I found they are not as waterproof as he claims.

Batteries are fine. Graham broke the seal, and placed the battery on the down tube, behind the front wheel 😯 , claiming some guff about CoG.

Anyway, I gave him a new battery, £85 out of my own pocket, good will.
    Then Graham comes on here bleating about the battery he broke, not withstanding that I replaced it FoC.
    Theres thanks for you !.

To this day, its the only battery I’ve ever had returned !.
    Bare in mind that the OP seems to have a history of breaking bikes and equipment, I seem to recall issues with titanium frames and belt drives.

Not long after I gave it to her, the charger failed.

You broke the charger, you can clearly hear the PCB rattling around inside and there are impact marks on the casing. If you break your charger by using it as a football, how is this my fault ?.

It took a long time and a few emails to get a response from him as he was laid up in bed ill.

It took along time, because without contacting me, you sent the charger to my old home address, so you had to wait for RM to retrun your package, before you could re-send your exchange charger to me at my new address !. How is that delay my fault ?.

Mrs MTG emailed him again to ask about delivery, only to be told he was waiting for the cheque to clear. It was showing as paid on her account.

I checked my bank account as often as I could, but as I do not bank online, I have to visit a branch to know when the cheque had cleared.
    Its a common precaution to check if funds have cleared before dispatch !.

Nick

Ooh, I’m lying here with a buggered back and this is exactly the sort of entertainment I was looking for, thanks!

bigjim

I’m on Luminous’ side based on this evidence, m’lud

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m on Luminous’ side based on this evidence, m’lud

What m’learned colleague said. Modified equipment in failing shocker.

palookah
    Free Member

Stop !. Doing !. This !. And this ?.

Grrrrr!

leffeboy

Looks like a knockout blow from Luminous there.
    Time for a cuppa before the next thread kicks off

xcgb
    Free Member

Ooh!. we have a grammar fight’ two as well also,.

Graham broke the seal…

This is what the whole dispute stems from.
    The original battery was a plain grey box with “Not Weatherproof” written on it, contained in a Velcro sealed cordura bag.
    When it inevitably failed the first time I used it in the rain, Luminous accused me of removing the waterproofing.

As I said on the other thread, there was no waterproofing

I don’t know if he never waterproofed any of his batteries and I was unlucky to be the first to get one wet, or if he did waterproof them and mine somehow slipped through the process before getting sent out, but the suggestion that I would spend £300 on a light then peel off the battery waterproofing is ridiculous.

smell_it
    Free Member

Edit – mtg comes back swinging!

allthepies
    Free Member

We need more info about the centre of gravity stuff 🙂

Luminous
    Free Member

As I said on the other thread, there was no waterproofing

You are not the vendor, I am. The battery was water proofed. The sticker you found and photo’d was applied by smudge when he sent the battery to me.

When I get batteries from Smudge, they are not waterproofed, hence his label. However, I then waterproof them, before sale.
    This has been explained, you are deliberately overlooking this.

Why are you doing this ?.

You have your FoC replacement battery, you have your battery re-charger.
    Why are you deliberately trying to ruin my rep and my business ?.

nealglover
    Free Member

Don’t worry too much.

He might be trying, but its not working 😉

IHN

oof, it’s a blistering jab in return from Luminous

xcgb
    Free Member

Is it just me?

spend £300 on a light

Could have bought a car for that!

😯

The replacement battery was well waterproofed with black and orange tape.
    You saw the original battery that I returned. It was exactly as Smudge supplies them to you.
    Are you seriously suggesting that I removed every bit of tape so that there wasn’t the slightest trace of sticky residue before returning it ?

Because you are accusing me of lying, rather than admit you sent out an unwaterproofed battery, and because you refused a refund because “the light has been used” as if I would have found the fault without using it, so I am now stuck with a £300 Luminous light, when I would rather have had the money to spend on an Exposure.

The dispute about whether the battery was waterproofed or if the charger was damaged can never be resolved, as neither of us can provide evidence.

I’d be interested if anyone who owns a Luminous light could open the Velcro on their battery bag and have a look at the battery though.
    Was mine the only one supplied with no waterproofing ?

IHN

I am now stuck with a £300 Luminous light

Notwithstanding that there might have been a problem with the original battery, are you not now ‘stuck’ with a light, waterproof battery and charger?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not one to be a grammar pedant on here but its really beginning to annoy me now.

Luminous, you do not put a full stop after an exclamation or question mark. That is what the dot at the bottom of said mark is for!

xcgb
    Free Member

The replacement battery was well waterproofed with black and orange tape.

So alls well then?.

xcgb
    Free Member

Not one to be a grammar pedant on here but its really beginning to annoy me now.

Needs a comma after here!. oh and an apostrophe!.

IHN

What I_Ache said !.

Luminous
    Free Member

MTQG.

Tape isn’t used to W/P the batteries, so now its clear you haven’t a clue what you’re ranting about. I see now that you’re just bitter about how you cocked up your light. Funny how you’re the only one out of many owners, some from here, who has kicked off.
    I have completed my part of our transaction. Selling to you has lost me over £100.
    Judging by other threads you post, you appear to have a pattern of buying kit, breaking it, then expecting refunds.

Watty

So alls well then?.

Needs a comma after here!. oh and an apostrophe!.

Ahem!.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Just a quick summary for the hard of thinking i.e. me:

– MTG had a battery that wasn’t waterproofed
    – MTG had a problem with the charger
    – Luminous replaced both the charger and the battery
    – Everything else is just handbags at dawn

Or have I missed something?

IHN

Selling to you have[b]has[/b] lost me over £100.

Tut.

xcgb
    Free Member

Watty, it wasnt me being the pedant though, just making a point (as were you sir!.).

🙂

IHN

Yes !.

tinybits
    Free Member

Oh!.

Just so I could do it as well!.

xcgb
    Free Member

I really didn’t see this thread going down the grammar route!.

xcgb
    Free Member

Just a quick summary for the hard of thinking i.e. me:

– MTG had a battery that wasn’t waterproofed
    – MTG had a problem with the charger
    – Luminous replaced both the charger and the battery
    – Everything else is just handbags at dawn

Waterproofing is disputed

Watty

Watty, it wasnt me being the pedant though, just making a point (as were you sir!.).

Ah, but apparently it’s not the tape that provides the waterproofing!.
    😯

palookah
    Free Member

Not forgetting the superfluous space !.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know Luminous lights ?’ is closed to new replies.