Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LR Defenders…
  • matt_outandabout

What will happen when they stop production? And when does production stop?
    Prompted by the fact that there are 9 Defender 130’s and a half a dozen 110’s belonging to SSE parked up in the village (As well as a couple of Transits). Surely somehow a custom builder or someone could buy the rights and keep churning out 130’s and 110’s as ‘custom’ vehicles…

righog
    Free Member

I was thinking Santana would still make 110’s but they will not, as they closed in 2010.

Wiki Santana

mattsccm
    Free Member

They could shift the production to India,
    Tata after all

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I doubt India have the people or skills to build something that basic, that expensively.

piemonster

What’s the squiz with this then? http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/land-rover-pick-up-sale-2017/1222741

Wonder if it’ll still be brick shaped

piemonster

Actually scrap that query.

The concept looks like they’ve got a Skoda Yeti and a Freelander to mate.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I doubt India have the people or skills to build something that basic, that expensively.

😀

obelix
    Free Member

You’ll probably find that they’ll keep production open for larger scale orders (MOD, SSE, etc), and just stop the direct-to-individual sales

z1ppy

blurg!

The Whatcar story talks about a pickup though, so maybe that just a concept too far… bugger all the concept images on google come of something similar to that..

ampthill

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-24446070

Weird how the media seem to be unable to tell that the 110 and 90 were really very different to those that went before. Coil sprung and permanent 4wd.

I also missed how they became Defenders when that word was used to describe the direct injection turbo diesel model. End of an era

JAG

We still have the Concept model of the car that Z1ppy has posted images of in our Reception area at Gaydon 🙂

I don’t think it will be the Defender replacement now – there’s talk of a new vehicle for that job. Defender is a tough car to replace!

z1ppy

any chance of giving the design team a good slap for me JAG? 😉

JAG

We’ve got these two….

It’s growing on me but I don’t think it’s utilitarian enough.

Z1ppy; my pass doesn’t get me access to the Design Studio so I can’t help 🙁

Tiger6791

Production ends in December 2015, rumours are that order books are nearly full which is insane 😯

Already available to overseas as CKD to some markets so this may continue in some form for utilities etc.??

New Defender likely to be built on the existing Disco Integrated Body Frame platform when Disco moves to L405 ali platform.

Current production line can cope with IBF & 405 at same time. Very impressive set up down at Solihull

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘LR Defenders…’ is closed to new replies.