Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Low speed compression or more air in fork??
  • bigdan6
    Free Member

Hi, first off I have a rare and interesting genetic problem, resulting in some of my fingers have not formed properly. Consequently my grip strength isn’t very good. I can get down most rocky descents I one go, but find I need to really set my forks up correctly, otherwise I have to keep stopping.

Couple of Q’s:

Is it better to run a slightly stiffer fork and no low speed compression

Or

Is it better to run a good amount of low speed compression and a softer fork

As you can see, I wud like the fork to be as supple and as easy on my hands/wrists as poss
    Any help much appreciated

bigdan6
    Free Member

Anyone ? Please

Klunk
    Free Member

Is it better to run a slightly stiffer fork and no low speed compression

Or

Is it better to run a good amount of low speed compression and a softer fork

really depends on how your forks are performing and what problems are you having with them ?

Is it running them soft to protect your hands means they are diving through their travel ?

Trimix
    Free Member

Set the air pressure so you have some sag (15%) and so the forks dont bottom out all the time.

Set the compression so they dont dive through the travel more than you want. Check out the Fox website for more details.

To be supple I would suggest lots of sag and low pressure but wind up the compression so they dont dive too much.

All depends on you, your weight, style, skill etc not to mention the bike / fork you use and the terrain you ride. So try out some variations, there is no hard and fast rule.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Low speed compression or more air in fork??’ is closed to new replies.