Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LoveFilm streaming (recommendations thread)
  • peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve been using LoveFilm’s streaming service via my Xbox for months now (£4.99 a month) and although I thought the menu system was crap, it wasn’t until a couple of nights ago I realised just HOW crap it actually is.

I’ve just found about another 500 films which were hiding underneath their shoddy GUI. Basically, even when you go into a sub menu (“Genres” for example), and then pick a type of genre, it still defaults to showing you the most popular movies within that sub category. If you look at the top of the screen, there’s a subtle menu system which takes you into even more sub menus! 🙂 Apologies if everyone else already knew this, but it is so badly set out that I suspect I’m not the only one not able to take full advantage of what’s on offer.

Sooooo, for those who are streaming LoveFilm, how about posting some recommendations and gems that you find lurking deep in the useles menu system?

A starter from me:

a couple of excellent South Korean films, if you have the stomach for them:

Old Boy
    The Chaser

Another world cinema cracker:

A Prophet (2009)

bobgarrod
    Free Member

I always look on the website before using my streamer

Recommends

Man From Nowhere
    Tell No One
    The Counterfeiters
    Delicattesen
    Das Boot
    I’m a Cyborg

Etc

peterfile
    Free Member

Ah good shout.

Watched “Tell No One” the other night after reading the book, great film.

butcher

Not sure if they’re on Love Film, but a few world cinema recommendations from me..

S Korea
    Brotherhood (Not to be mistaken for the American movie under the same name)
    R-Point

France
    A very Long Engagement

Germany
    Das Experiment (recently re-made in America, but the original is better)

freeridenick
    Free Member

The Disappearance of Alice Creed – great little film
    added bonus of Gemma Arterton in the buff 😛

One night in Turin – great football memories

Closer to the edge – Guy Martin

Steep – the history of extreme skiing

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I gave up with love film streaming after 2 months and went back to discs in the post.
    Mainly due to poor content and freezing issues on my Sony BD570. I soon grew tired of the kids screaming “it’s stopped again daddy!” BBC Iplayer has no such issues on the same device so I imagine the implementation isn’t the greatest.

I don’t think I managed a full film on stream either. The idea is great but it just didn’t deliver for me.

Cougar

I’ve never found anything on the streaming service I wanted to watch particularly either. Stuck to the disc service, which is excellent.

nixie

The Disappearance of Alice Creed – great little film
    added bonus of Gemma Arterton in the buff

yeap that was worth watching

PrinceJohn

Four Lions
    The Runaways
    THX1138
    Little Big Soldier

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘LoveFilm streaming (recommendations thread)’ is closed to new replies.