Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • loose hope pro 2 rear hub
  • DickBarton

Hi, fresh bearings installed 2 months ago but noticed tonight my rear hub is loose. Seems to be the drive side. Never worked on these so what do I to fix the loose whatever?

Cheers.

mrh86

I had this problem but my bearings were 18months old – replaced them this weekend and now all seems OK. Thats not much use to you though sorry!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It can only be the bearings. Who replaced them for you? I’d be cross if it went again in two months.

DickBarton

So what do I do to fix it? I’m not believing it is the bearings yet so what else do I try? Not saying it isn’t the bearings but seems drastic if something is just loose.

Mrh, what did you do to replace the bearings?

Can’t access hope site yet for a read/watch.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tehre is nothing to come loose – unless the cassette is loose on the freehub. Replacing the bearings is easy anyway

billyboy
    Free Member

It’s all press fit….unless the axle or the end cap has broken (never heard of that happening)…it has to be the bearings.

martinxyz
    Free Member

“It can only be the bearings”

Nope,it can be a shell thats bored out a little too much.Its very rare but ive had it with a pro2 rear hub.I replaced all the bearings and found a few press fitting in by thumb.I expected play and sure enough.. it felt no better than before.Not sure of the outcome as the customer never bought the bike from us.. although i gave him a choice of ourselves stripping/posting it back etc.The bike shop he bought it from was the best bet as he would have obviously paid less labour (or none at all if they took it on the head the way they should have)

Hope will sort things out.. its Hope.Yer hardly going to get a raw deal from them.Once they get a part back thats definately not quite up to their standards you would normally get it replaced no questions asked.

coatesy
    Free Member

Worth checking to see if you have a broken axle.

DickBarton

Humped bearing…now replaced.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘loose hope pro 2 rear hub’ is closed to new replies.