Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Looking for decent make: one cleat for both road / mtb bike please
  • scotster
    Free Member

I just bought a road bike and and looking for some pedals. I was going to buy some crank brothers quatro as I already have CB. mtb pedals and I want to use the same (expensive) Sidi shoes for both road and bike.

BUT.. Im a bit fed up with CB pedals just falling to bits and the ones on my MTB are just about dead.. So do any of the other brands do a universal cleat fitting for road and mtb? Time? Shimano?

I'm not precious about the brand as long as they don't fall to pieces after looking at them in the wrong way.

Ta, Scott.

westkipper
    Free Member

To be honest you would probably be better off with a Shimano Mtb pedal- Shimano used to make a single-sided 'touring' pedal that used the same cleats but it had all the disadvantages of a road pedal with none of the pluses ( big secure contact patch).

theboatman
    Free Member

Ritchey, their pro V4 micro road pedals are quite tidy, and use the same cleat as their MTB pedals.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Ritchey_Pro_Micro_V4_Road_Pedals/5360033938/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Looking for decent make: one cleat for both road / mtb bike please’ is closed to new replies.