Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Longer travel ful suss 29ers. anyone?
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

getting quite interested in bikes such as transition bandit 29,
    stumpy 29er evo and norco shinobi with 120/130 travel out back and a bit more up front.
    any others out there?
    show us yours?
    also, any short-ish folk out there ride one? I’m 5’8 and a bit. having finally sorted a bike that feels good and small for me, i’d be wary of something too big to get tangled in.
    jimmer

ahwiles
    Free Member

titus are working on a 120 rear travel ‘el guapo’ – it looks awesome!

edit:

it looks this awesome!

(i’ve never said this before, but… twitter says it might be 140mm travel if they can work out how to squeeze it all in)

the_lecht_rocks

i’m waiting for my nicolai helius ac29er.

120mm of nicolai horst linked genius 🙂

should be here for when we return from california 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

http://www.ninerbikes.com/wfo9 140mm also the RIP 120mm and RDO 100mm 😀

That Nicolai looks ace too !

the_lecht_rocks

loco – may be needing some tuning on my 29″ F29 float and 200×57 rp23 kashima – want to help me out on the 29″ dial-in [special rates] ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Get it built up, and bedded in see how it all feels and then give me a shout.

I’m working with the Niner, Stans , Ergon, Loco UK team this year so am pretty up to speed on the 29ers now.

Have you read Jones’s article in Dirt this month? Interesting and should answer a few questions for anybody in doubt of 29ers 😉

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Sultan 140 front, 120 rear

the_lecht_rocks

after my extended demo on gravity sport’s nicolai helius ac 29er [over a week of demo time], it was a no-brainer…… 🙂

not a cheap build, but a stunning mountain bike coming my way soon 🙂

will give you a tinkle once i define my tuning requirements loco 😆

hugor
    Free Member

2009 RIP9 120 front and rear.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That Turner looks the nicest so far.

bol

This has only got 120 on the front, but 140 would work fine.

bigsi
    Free Member

The Ventana El-Capitan is 5″ out the back & up to 140mm up front.

No pics yet I’m afraid & its not a looker but like most non lookers its a mighty fine ride 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

OP – confused here – are you 5’8″, riding a 26″ and want a long travel 29er?

Don’t forget – 29er can get away with less travel. I’ve got a Sultan with 120mm at each end and that is loads of travel.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Trek Rumblefish 120mm, and there should be a Roscoe coming next year with 140mm

A tallboy with 120mm up front is pretty bonkers!

GaryLake
    Free Member

RE the travel thing, with a more sensible set of tyres and chunkier wheels, I’d happily replace a 120mm ‘trail’ bike with my Superfly 100.

jeb

I dont like nicholai bikes.

Now i do.

Ace! 😮

jamiesilo
    Free Member

nice one fellas. plenty of geekery fuel for me there for the next wee while. kepp em coming tho!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Rumbefish here, 120mm up front but only 105mm on the back (I think) so hardy LT but rides great

DSC05525 by Johnclimber

TooTall
    Free Member

GaryLake – Member

RE the travel thing, with a more sensible set of tyres and chunkier wheels, I’d happily replace a 120mm ‘trail’ bike with my Superfly 100.

and THAT comes from a former member of The Church of Latter Day 29er Haters!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Indeed 😛

andylux
    Free Member

Check out PYGA Industries, Google it, it is Patrick Morewoods new company and they’re developing a FS 110mm frame called the oneten29 that’s looks very nice. Could well persuade me to try bigger wheels.

http://www.pygaindustries.com/pyga-bikes/oneten29/

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Longer travel ful suss 29ers. anyone?’ is closed to new replies.