Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Long weekend in the Sun (and warmth)?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Anywhere worth going that won't break the bank?

KT1973
    Free Member

For MTB, then try the Canaries. If it's just a relaxing weekend then how about Morocco?

mikey74
    Free Member

i forgot to mention I'll be on my own and not interested in following maps so guided preferred

stevomcd
    Free Member

Spain with Switchbacks? Great guided rides.

mikey74
    Free Member

Been with Switchbacks before and tbh not in a rush to go back there again (the company, not the place).

mikey74
    Free Member

Any alternatives for Spain?

doug_basqueMTB.com

When are you thinking of going Mikey?

Edit: Done that stupid thing of asking a question and then heading out for a ride! The weather here isn't stable just now, it's lovely today but might be bad by the weekend, so we're not taking people just now. We'll be open around the middle of March. I'll be back later this evening if you want to ask me anything, mail in profile.

RUSHER4

Had a great time last autumn with Mountain Biking Spain. Two super guides who seemed to know all of the good tracks and tailored the routes for me [as I was on my own].

This was nothing like the Spain we all think of, can't recomend enough.

giantjason
    Free Member

have you looked at Ciclo Montana.

went with them last year in February and it was great fun.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

A bit further away, but what about Cypus. Did two days riding with these guys.

Great guides, good warm weather, good trails, not too expensive either. Much better than cold, damp England at the moment. Feel free to mail me if you want more info.

First post on here btw. Hi all.

chakaping
    Free Member

Been with Switchbacks before and tbh not in a rush to go back there again (the company, not the place).

Why do you say that?

mikey74
    Free Member

Well it's probably partly to do with the fact that I went on my own (as I do all my hols, due to having mates who aren't into riding) and I didn't like the way the guides turned up to guide, and then completely disappearred and you didn't see them again until they wanted money, or were due to guide again. I just didn't feel it was a particularly social place.
    It didn't help that one of the two guys who I was left to hang around with was a compelte t**t. i know that is a risk on all holidays, but I just fancy trying somewhere else next time.

shermer75
    Free Member

I'll second that post about Ciclo Montana- I thought they were amazing. One of the best holidays I've ever had!! My sister's tried Pure Mountains, also in Sierra Nevada, and loved it too. More pricey but you get more for it (lunch included, nicer accommodation etc)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Long weekend in the Sun (and warmth)?’ is closed to new replies.