Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Long term spider poison?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Any way to stop spiders living in car wing mirrors and casting webs all over the side of the car?

Yes, I no spiders have feelings to and it is just an evil car but leave off the condemnation and focus on solving the problem please – it doesn’t have to be poison 🙂

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Google is your friend!
    http://www.primrose.co.uk/pestbye-get-rid-spiders-spray-p-5322.html?cPath=24_147&src=list_img

Not tried it – spiders don’t bother me, but google spider repellant and quite a lot comes up.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Don’t they just fall off your side mirrors when you drive off ?

The protocol I follow is that if they manage to hang on for several miles at about 30mph then they deserve a chance – at the first opportunity when I stop I gently remove them by hand and throw them on the verge or somewhere where they can get on with the rest of their lives. I’ve got a particularly soft spot for spiders, the six-eyed little feckers.

webs all over the side of the car

Really? Have you got branches sticking out of the side of your car or something ?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Don’t they just fall off your side mirrors when you drive off ?

The ones on my van don’t, they generally get blown and buffeted about until they finally make it back inside the mirror, looks a lot of effort so I leave ’em be.

I feel like I’ve been misled by the thread title, I thought it was going to be about actual spider poison and that maybe just maybe about a real life Spider-Man.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Webs all over the side of the car – yes

I haven’t been driving much since my ankle was fused and I am wearing a plastic boot. I went to drive today and there were webs from the wing mirrors to the front wheel and the side valence.

I just used one crutch to swirl up the webs like candy floss but would like to avoid the problem happening. Like the look of spider repellant.

Why Google when you can STW. STW pay their taxes

chewkw
    Free Member

Yeap, I got one spider living in my wing mirror. Yes, I have spider webs from time to time especially during the warm day. I just destroyed the web and the little fellow just went inside the wind mirror to hide. 😆

Suggsey
    Free Member

They never build webs on the wife’s yellow Beetle but the buggers build webs in both door mirrors on my black Golf and even spun some from the roof aerial both ways to the next door neighbours house and our house a distance of over 10 feet in each direction!
    They also live in the van mirrors and I let them be as last time I tried to evict them they got into the cab and I got in every morning to a face full of web.

nuke

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci1vn2iJ7fc[/video]

v8ninety

😯 ****! Is that real or clever CGI??? I like spiders but jeebus, that’s horrendous!

somafunk

The spiders that impress me the most are the ones that make their homes/webs inside alloy wheels or wheel trims – those hairy little **** must think every car ride is a trip to the carnival – either that or they are dopamine/adrenaline freaks.

teethgrinder

Videoing in portrait is the biggest horror there. Then the spider.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Long term spider poison?’ is closed to new replies.