Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Long shot – NEC VT45 projector.
  • Cougar

This is a punt but,

At work I’ve got the above projector with a failed lamp. Except, far as I can gather it’s not actually failed, it’s reached end of life (2000 hours) and an internal timer’s disabled it. Apparently you can reset the timer from the remote, however the remote’s gone walkabout.

Would anyone have one of these things and be prepared to lend me the remote for the five minutes it’d take to test it? I don’t really want to drop a couple of hundred quid on a bulb to find that I still can’t switch it on.

Cheers.

cbike
    Free Member

AV hire company might lend you one?

Manual says press and hold help button for 10 seconds – presumably only on the remote

Does it have an ethernet/web interface some projectors do?

somouk
    Free Member

You should be able to buy a remote pretty cheaply online. Play suggests £13.99 or maybe ebay?

woody2000

Is it not enough to simply remove and replace the existing bulb?

Cougar

Is it not enough to simply remove and replace the existing bulb?

You know, I assumed you’d still need to reset it after replacing it. But that’s a very good point, I haven’t actually tried.

Cougar

Computer says no. Worth a punt though.

Manual says press and hold help button for 10 seconds – presumably only on the remote

Presumably; there is no “help” button on the unit itself. I also read various forums suggesting holding down other combinations of buttons, but again it doesn’t tally up with the controls on the projector itself.

Does it have an ethernet/web interface some projectors do?

Nah, it’s not that sophisticated. There’s a “PC control” port, but it’s some oddball multi-pin DIN connector.

You should be able to buy a remote pretty cheaply online. Play suggests £13.99 or maybe ebay?

Yeah, I think that’s what we’re going to have to do. I was just wary of throwing good money after bad, was all. Not a great amount of money in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks anyway, all.

woody2000

Cougar – do you have the PC control cable? You could unleash your geek power on it 🙂

Page 45 of the manual has some control codes you can use, so serial port + terminal emulator and off you go!

http://bit.ly/1ema9ua

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – NEC VT45 projector.’ is closed to new replies.