Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • London To Brighton – GPS files please
  • andrewmoke
    Free Member

Hi.

Looking at doing LtoB next weekend, but would like a nice route. Can someone email me files for the garmin, please? Trying to stick to the roads, as i will be going with a group of work colleagues, most of them not keen cyclists. Preferably with a nice pub ot two en route.

Ta

andrecorreiasantos at hotmail dot com

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Psychle and I did this a few weeks ago; flat, easy route along the River from central London, then onto the Wey Navigation canal to Guildford, then along the Downs Link to just north of Shoreham then you can take the coastal path into Brighton. Roughly 90 miles that. Of course you have to add in another 10 miles somehow to get the fabled Wunundred. 🙂

Oh, and you have to do it on a singlespeed. 8) Actually it’s flat, so SS is no problem.

Not on roads for most of it, but easy tracks. Much nicer anyway, away from traffic and people.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/london-to-brighton-offroad-its-a-looong-way-for-some-fish-chips

Dunno about a GPS route though, I think Psychle’s packed up halfway through. You don’t need one though tbh.

andrewmoke
    Free Member

I will make a note of that, sounds great.

However, most of this people don’t even have a bike. Doing 90 miles might actually kill them…i think i need a shorter route this time around.

Will do that at some stage on me SS though..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t take a bunch of non-cyclists L2B ffs! It’s too far. Whatever they think they are capable of, it will just be torture for them, they will moan, whinge and complain then hate you for ever more.

Just do a nice pootle to Richmond or something, then you can always get the train back.

andrewmoke
    Free Member

Too late. They are fit young people. I have done it before and i know some people will bail out – that is also why i need to stay in the roads, close to stations, etc.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member
    anjs
    Free Member

Rode the top part of that a route a few weeks ago as training for the off road London to Brigton later this year. Tts was very muddy on the North downs around Shere.

m1kea
    Free Member

Here’s one I found on Garmin Connect – http://connect.garmin.com/activity/98208778

I’ve never ridden the ‘pucker’ BHF L2B but this course looks right – http://connect.garmin.com/activity/93857740

LOADS of pubs enroute plus quite a few name restaurants in the Broadway in Haywards Heath, just south of the railway station.

cp

the second route m1kea posted is the BHF l2b from this year.

anjs
    Free Member

The roughguide route is the one for this years BHF off road L2B

m1kea
    Free Member

Oh and FYI Turners Hill – Lindfield features on one of my commute routes and as a gauge of time, it typically takes me 23 minutes to do the Turners Hill cross roads to Lindfield church on the way home.

Last time I met up with some folk doing L2B, it took them 1:15 😯 to do the same stretch, mainly because of the sheer volume of idiots, sorry, people riding.

andrewmoke
    Free Member

Many thanks guys this will do.

If any of you is up for the offroad route one day, let me know.

ericemel
    Free Member

Andrewmoke – I am up for it!!

ericemel at yahoo dot com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘London To Brighton – GPS files please’ is closed to new replies.