Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • London is rubbish
  • aracer
    Free Member

Just felt the need to point that out whilst Rudeboy still isn't here to tell me I'm wrong.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

What makes you say that? How overpriced it is? Black snot? People not saying hello? Does have good guitar shops though…

cinnamon_girl

I agree! Couldn't wait to move away from the West London Massiv 🙄

Waves to Fred 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It's aaaaaa-rite innit like but i ain all dat like me bloods.

Much prefer the west countroy moiself.

djglover
    Free Member

Its so much worse than your provincial hell hole here.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Sheffield is worse, where else would youu have a full size poster of Hasselholf in a window (opposite Starbucks near Fat Face, not too far from a uni or something)?

CountZero

Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Loads of great museums and galleries, great music venues, great architecture, lovely parks, great public transport infrastructure, terrific shopping. Downside? Too many people, too far from the countryside. I'm a five minute ride from open country, I get Buzzards flying over my house. I also get C130 Hercules as well, but I can live with that.

dartmoor_rocks
    Free Member

if you want city life there is no uk better option

stop wingin, enjoy or leave alone

its your choice

mrchrispy

ill be rolling into the big smoke tomorrow for a wedding, looking forward to a saturday trolling about with no kids in tow.

TimP
    Free Member

My pregnant Mrs is in Ireland while I am living here in London and working in Brighton

Not totally happy days but bring on Jnr and we will be together again

juiced
    Free Member

i like central london gigs, pubs, clubs, art but would not like to live in london tbh, although never say never.

allyharp

Different strokes for different folks, but I suspect being mountainbikers most of us would rather like to live near some countryside. Therefore london is rubbish.

snowslave

The water tastes bad and ruins kettles

molgrips
    Free Member

I am living here in London and working in Brighton

That doesn't make a lot of sense on first reading…?

mogrim

The water tastes bad and ruins kettles

Rubbish, that's proper water, chewy and flavourful. You're right about the kettles, though.

geoffj

When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life, for there is in London all that life can afford…except proper mountain biking perhaps.

I love London me, but I've never lived there.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I think everyone should aim to live in London, the more the merrier.
    Then all the hills and trails will be nice and empty for me 😀

jimmy

its oficial

Pook

I think everyone should aim to live in Sheffield, the moor the merrier.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

good, you're not welcome anyway, bugger off

molgrips
    Free Member

You have to admit that if you have to live in a giant metropolis, London's not bad. I'd much rather there than Brum or Manc tbh. Although Manc maybe for biking…

BigDummy
    Free Member

When a man is tired of London, he is tired of ankle-deep slurry.

It does me alright, but I can think of quite a few places I'd rather be.

porterclough
    Free Member

if you want city life there is no uk better option

It's exactly the same as any other city, only bigger. That in itself is exciting for precisely 45 minutes, then you get over it, surely?

donald
    Free Member

fred looks on impotently

aviemoron
    Free Member

I worked there, oh, about 15 years ago, for 6 months, quite liked it, for 6 months. Now cosily snuggled into the bosom of the Cairngorms, mmmmmmm luvly.

molgrips
    Free Member

It's exactly the same as any other city, only bigger.

I absolutely disagree. Far more going in London than in other cities. It's only comparable to places like New York or maybe Sydney imo.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

porterclough – It's exactly the same as any other city, only bigger. That in itself is exciting for precisely 45 minutes, then you get over it, surely?

Bit like every part of the countryside is the same as the other then?

snowslave

Oh yes, that's another thing. The beer is also rubbish

DickBarton

There isn't enough green in London…when you look out a highrise office window all you see is grey (or very dull shades of the same colour). It's overcrowded (but then something the size of London is always going to be busier than a hamlet of 3 houses and 5 pubs!); people don't give you the time of day – they are all too busy with themselves – someone drops a load of shopping, no one seems to stop to help them pick it up; old woman wanting a seat on the bus/tube – very very few people get up and offer thier seat – London people seem to only be interested in themselves; doesn't smell to good and I always find when I'm walking about the city I feel things hitting my face – can't see anything but I feel them, no idea what it is but it gives me the impression that the place is just dirty.
    I hate going there (but then I don't like crowded places so it's on a hiding to nothing right away due to it being very busy) and I always enjoy leaving it.

I think living there would be fine once you adjusted to it but I'd not go there myself by choice.

woody2000

DickB – London is pretty green by big city standards.

"London is one the greenest capital cities on earth, with more than 600 garden squares, 148 parks and gardens,122 heaths, commons and greens, 16 city farms, 8 Royal Parks and even 1 historic battlefield"

From visitlondon.com

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Oh yes, that's another thing. The beer is also rubbish

probably because you drink in the rubbish places

brooess
    Free Member

I've lived in London for nearly 9 years. It's ace if you like a city lifestyle but very poor for mountain biking. Surprisingly! I've got bored of it taking me 90 mins to drive to Surrey Hills to ride my bike for 3-4 hours and 90 mins to get home again…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    your provincial little settlements have nothing on this!

Load of hogsbollocks – we have this – clickety 😆

Best of all it's in my old school!!

snowpaul
    Free Member

its shite

monotokpoint
    Free Member

you cant take the pace

duntmatter
    Free Member

I've been in London 7 years. I went to a small town in Staffordshire for the weekend recently.. We drank a lot and climbed hills, then were glad to get back to London, where you never walk into a packed but silent pub.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘London is rubbish’ is closed to new replies.