Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lomography Fisheye Camera – thoughts/users?
  • mbydmt
    Free Member

Morning everyone,

I’m looking at spending £35 on a lomography fisheye camera as a bit of fun, and it won’t be heart breaking if I break it.
    I intend to take it riding/skiing in the back of a rucksack and attempt to get some interesting pictures, has anyone had any experience with them?
    I know they’re not the most durable of things but as said I’m looking for a cheap and cheerful camera, film type for under £50.

donsimon
    Free Member

Processing is expensive, apparently.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I have one of these, Lomo Fisheye

Have to be honest, i used it once and now it gathers dust on a shelf. I think they work if you live in a city, urban photos and all that, but for anything else not so good. I thought the quality was poor compared to whats on the web so i may just have got a duff one…….and you grudge paying for processing since the advent of digital

wallop

I have a Holga, it’s a novelty really and the processing is expensive, though I’ve been meaning to try my own developing – B&W is really simple.

mbydmt
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses, good points re: processing, will have a google and see how cheaply I can get it done, food for thought at least.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I got one for my wife last Christmas, she’s a keen photographer and thought she’d enjoy the novelty and potential for some experimentation.

She didn’t. The photographs weren’t great and it has since been boxed up and stuck in a drawer.

If you want it you can have it for a tenner.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

If the OP doesn’t want it i’ll take it

oliverd1981
    Free Member

you know you can get a really good, proper film camera for under £50 don’t you?

mbydmt
    Free Member

Fervoured if it’s about still thatd be great. Drop me a message on mthomas_@hotmail.co.uk please!

Oliverd1981 what sort of thing you reckons worth a look?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I got a nikon F75 with the kit lens from a DSLR for about that Essentially a modern do anything camera), but you’d get an olympus OM with a 50mm f1.8 for about that. they’re pretty much bomb proof and capable of taking some great pictures. (I’m incapable of finishing and processing a film though)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lomography Fisheye Camera – thoughts/users?’ is closed to new replies.