Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Massive fail. Olympic tickets.
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Just got 200m final tickets. For the same day I have diving tickets. Massive. Fail.

Anyone know the details of the resale programme – the website just seems to have a bunch of out of date information. Failing that anyone know if I can just give them to a mate – would they need to show ID?

BristolPablo
    Free Member

i may get slated for this put I would speak to your local diving club and see if they can find a home for them.

There has been so much uproar that genuine enthusiasts of sports like Diving and Track Cycling havent been able to get tickets for their chosen events due to the demand far outweighing the size of the venue that if they go back into the big pot, they still may not go to a diving enthusiast.

Ewan
    Free Member

i may get slated for this put I would speak to your local diving club and see if they can find a home for them.

Whilst it’d be nice to be able to resell them (100 quid) I’m guessing that’s probably unlikely. I’ve got several friends who’ve been unable to resell them, or I could give them to my uni’s diving club (good idea). Question is do you need to show ID at the entrance?

konagirl
    Free Member

Unfortunately I don’t think the LOC are very clear in these circumstances. You certainly can’t sell the ticket at a profit. Section 17 of the T&Cs state “Tickets may only be used by the Purchaser and a family member, friend or colleague who is known to the Purchaser personally and who is intended to accompany the Purchaser to a Session”, amongst other things… which suggests you need to attend as the Purchaser. However, the media write ups suggest that, they won’t be checking ID on entry and as long as you as the Purchaser are contactable in the case of any query (i.e. you can tell them you gave the third party the ticket because you are attending another event), then it should be fine. Since the ticket resale program is now closed, I don’t see what choice you have.

Good luck with that! And have fun…

Ewan
    Free Member

Hmmm that doesn’t sound too bad. Did the ticket resale programme ever open? I thought the website crashed on the first day and it was postponed. I could be confusing that with some other olympic cluster f*ck tho.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

From the ticket sales site

We are currently not accepting any tickets for the ticket resale programme.

If you are no longer able to use the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games tickets you have purchased from London 2012, you can submit them for resale through the official London 2012 ticket resale programme from spring 2012.

Tickets are strictly non-transferable ( my bold ) and must not be sold or advertised for sale on the internet, in newspapers or anywhere else other than via the official London 2012 ticket resale programme.

The resale programme did open for a short period earlier this year and as I understand things will be open again later this month, you should have no problem selling the tickets back, just keep an eyue on the ticket sales site

Ewan
    Free Member

The resale programme did open for a short period earlier this year and as I understand things will be open again later this month, you should have no problem selling the tickets back, just keep an eyue on the ticket sales site

Ah – where did you track that nugget down? I’ve googled everywhere and not turned that up… thanks!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

I know the resale window was open as I tried to BUY tickets during it,

I think it was either January or February and the whole ticket site crashed, in the end sales of tickets were suspended but they were buying tickets back if you no longer wanted them.

I can’t find the specific reference to June just now but think it was in 1 of my confirmation e mails from the open session recently

This was in one though ……………

Ticket resale

If you are no longer able to use any Olympic Games or Paralympic Games tickets you have been allocated, you will have the opportunity to resell your tickets at face value through the official London 2012 ticket resale programme in 2012. This will be the only authorised way to sell any tickets you are unable to use or buy tickets from people offering tickets for resale.

Tickets are strictly non-transferable and must not be sold or advertised for sale on the internet, in newspapers or anywhere else other than via the official London 2012 ticket resale programme. Please read Terms and conditions of ticket purchase at http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html for full details about the transfer, resale and use of tickets.

…………..

Having checked the web site it still refers to “Spring” so not exactly up to date is it but I am keeping an eye out

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Massive fail. Olympic tickets.’ is closed to new replies.