Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • lockout not working on revs …time to service motion control? PP help!!
  • kaiser
    Free Member

Kind of noticed this a bit a while back and posted a question
    but today I put full compression on and leaned on the bars …..
    got about 3 inches travel!!
    presume the m/c damper assembly is the 1st place to start servicing?
    (06 U turn air revs)
    thanks
    in advance
    Bill in exeter

kaiser
    Free Member

bump!!

theboatman
    Free Member

If PP doesn't appear with his usual expert help, the good people of sram/ rockshox have made some handy vids;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_O2xWU9RE

there are video's of all stages of taking your forks apart and back together again

http://www.sram.com/en/service/

If you read the tech doc as well; none of it is very hard if you take your time 🙂

sssimon
    Free Member

can you still get full travel on the fork? sounds like oil level has dropped in right leg top chamber, you ned to work out where it's gone, if you can't get full travel it's gone south to the rebound chamber

kaiser
    Free Member

yes I think I can still get pretty much full travel
    thanks to all so far for their input

stumpyjon

Does sound like the oil has leaked from the uppers to the lowers. Seems to happen quite a lot with REBAs. Only way to tell if you're not getting full travel is to drop the air from the positive chamber.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Assuming you haven't forgotten about the floodgate then yeah it'll be the moco. Either it's got some kind of fault or more likely you've lost oil. The acid test is to let all air out the forks and see if you get full travel. If you don't then some oil has dropped into the lower.

If you do get full travel I'd suspect the moco unit is faulty. You could check this quite easily by popping the moco unit out and checking if the metal disc at the base rotates to cover up the hole. Also check the disc is flush with the plastic when floodgate is fully closed.

A bit tricky to explain but you can see the disc in this pic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘lockout not working on revs …time to service motion control? PP help!!’ is closed to new replies.