Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lock on Grips
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what are the best about at the moment? are there any other than ergon type ones that provide a bit more cushioning that standard peaty type ones?? i used them a while back and they felt like i was resting my hands on brick, they had no spongy/absorbing characteristics what so ever…..think they were the lizard skin peaty ones, are there any good alternatives out there?

foxyrider
    Free Member

ODI Yetis I'd say – not mega long lasting but fairly grippy and cushioning 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

I really like the ODI Rogue.

highclimber
    Free Member

Peaty's grips are super tacky!

EDIT: thats Tacky as in sticky, not Tacky as in Lame!

iain1775
    Free Member

+1 ODI Rogues

bluebird
    Free Member

Another vote for Rogues, they're grippy and have a bit of cushioning. I found Peaty's too small and a bit on the hard side.

DezB
    Free Member

If you really want cushioning go for Ourys or Sunline thicks. You need to have big hands though as they are FAT.
    I just don't like the feel of the Yetis – too much pattern. (and I've got a Yeti 🙂 )

garfield_cat
    Free Member

DO u wear gloves? I prefer padded gloves with thin grips.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Outland do some inexpensive copies of ODI rogues. But they are firm/grippy, not squishy/grippy.

Taff
    Free Member

Intense lock ons for gloveless are awesome if you can find them. Currently got specialized's own which are good

coylumbridge
    Free Member

+1 for specialized

mtb_rob
    Free Member

Got a set of Bontrager Race Lite grips here with only the one locking nut on the inside. Find it loads more comfortable than the double lock on, for the outside of my hands. Has reduced my hand pump on downhills noticably and I dont seem to get any twist in them at all which was my concern originally.

RustyNissanPrairie

ODI longnecks in 143mm length for big manly sized hands….

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Just tarted my bike up with some of these ultra tasteless yellow Nuke Proof grips…

http://tinyurl.com/28px3v7

jonb
    Free Member

Superstarcomponents for value and reasonably comfortable. It's as much about thickness as how soft they are. Sunnline do some nice thick ones.

nuke

Oury lock on grips on all my bikes and would buy again.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Another vote for Superstar – loads of colours too. Have them on both my bikes and they've been fine gloveless in the last few week's hot weather.

undapressure
    Free Member

Dont get Sunline lock ons. They are terrible. Spend their whole time coming loose and moving around and I found the rubber was very plasticky giving very little grip.

Jamie
    Free Member

Also using superstars. Cheap and effective.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i have 'lizard skins' 8) lock ons happy with mine….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lock on Grips’ is closed to new replies.