Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Local Gypsie site redevelopment
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah yes tank but, a gypsy family is considerabluy larger than what most of us would think of as a traditional family.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Clearly at the bottom of the web article it states:

* More, including an interview with some of the Withybeds residents, in this week's County Times

Deadly – yes I'll give you that

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The paper hard copy in front of me clearly states…….

Well it's kind've a shame that no one else can see it then…………isn't it ?

Certainly one million bucks for just one family seems a lot – you would have thought the article you linked, wouldn't have forgotten to mention it.

💡 Maybe your 'hard copy' was incorrect and they later corrected it ?

tankslapper
    Free Member

County Times – big in Mid Wales ernie…….

The letter pages and the deaths column are a real rivetting read!

hora
    Free Member

[guardian]But these people need to be accommodated. It's money well spent[/guardian]

Until you ask them for council tax or what the menfolk do during the day with all those vans and builders flat beds when they claim they arent working (tax or benefits)..

Then they fancy travelling again.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The letter pages and the deaths column are a real rivetting read!

I'm prepared to take your word on that one.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hora, switch your irony detector back on there will ya. I was only teasing the slapper dude.

tankslapper
    Free Member

hora, you must have an 'encounter' story on this one………even a horse…. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh and by the way, welcome to the thread hora, it's been missing you.

hora
    Free Member

(Steps back from the PC)

🙂

BermBandit
    Free Member

Re the building houses instead of "improving" the site thing.

Is it becuase if they built them houses they would become permanent residents instead of transient?

johnners
    Free Member

To be fair TJ – the lack of real or creditable information has never stopped you in the past

It'd be more accurate to say TJ's never been shy about pointing out "the lack of real or creditable information" in the inflammatory nonsense regularly posted on STW.

Until you ask them for council tax or what the menfolk do during the day with all those vans and builders flat beds when they claim they arent working (tax or benefits).

You're just brim-full of stereotypes, aren't you, Hora? Are you suggesting women can't lay a thin layer of tarmac on a drive?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Well I was told…

I'm sure Travelling folk/Gypsies think highly of you, too!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

innapropriate snigger @ esselgruntfuttock 🙂

Elmo
    Free Member

I know the site, its very small. Especially for that kind of grant.

From what i understand there is a lot of trouble there, possibly need to keep the family "seperate" from the rest of their bretheren?!

Sure there's better places to spend a million in Welshpool than there!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Elmo, shhhhhhhhh!

The STW intelligensia will not like something that just may be an actual FACT……………

Personally I think spending a million on a site that sits on a flood plain, on a family the whole area is scared of, who throw stones and hit cyclists as they pass, who even the local police will not take action against, I think is money well spent.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

who even the local police will not take action against

I see ……… so presumably the authorities are giving them all this money because they are too scared not to ?

You should've said so from the beginning Slapper. And yes, it sounds pretty grim 😐

Although if what Elmo says is true and the site is "very small", everyone should be very relieved that they are not demanding a substantially larger site.

Do you think they might ? ……………..ask for a bigger site.

I bet they get it.

johnners
    Free Member

intelligensia

You'll be using "liberal" as a term of abuse next…

BermBandit
    Free Member

& Pinko and commie no doubt 😉

JoeBones
    Free Member

Leave the TGB's alone

Dales_rider
    Free Member

TGB's when they partake in society as all are expected then give them the benefits.
    Time to get tough on lay about non conformist scrounging bastards. 😯

Elmo
    Free Member

Well the last time i was there the police were watching the council as they removed some caravans and put massive rocks on the pitches.
    Think there was two or three statics left.
    Last year police from Shrewsbury and Newtown had to help out at a "fracas" that took place.
    A million is a lot……..for anything!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Blimey! Now there's even a facebook page now dedicated to the subject

'No to the £1m revamp of the Withybeds!!!'

Mmmmm! This could get messy…….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Blimey! Now there's even a facebook page now dedicated to the subject

'No to the £1m revamp of the Withybeds!!!'

Mmmmm! This could get messy……. Started by your good self tanky?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Not my style deadly, some geezer called Gary Pierce is the sites originator. 544 members since last week! Some of the comments are priceless….

monkeychild
    Free Member

The irony of this " there on bout closing local schools cos they cant afford to run em" Clearly they were doing a great job 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Started by your good self tanky?

😕 Tanky ? As a staunch and committed anti-Trotskyite proletarian Leninist, I most strongly resent Slapper being awarded the accolade of "Tankie" (get the spelling right btw) And not least because of his blatant bourgeois tendencies, and his voluntary service in reactionary royalist forces.

……just thought I'd mention it.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Local Gypsie site redevelopment’ is closed to new replies.