• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Llandegla new trails are nice.
  • Vortexracing

Rode the new stuff this morning, not sure what to expect.

Seem to make the trail centre completely different, loads of jumps and bloody busy as well.

Well done guys, it’s actually quite good. The red finish is a lot different to the old red.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Rode it today – enjoyed it.

Liked the blacks (even on carbon hardtail)

was a bit wet and v busy but would go again

DickieS
    Free Member

I agree, have been riding the trails there since they first opened. What the trail pixies have done is very, very impressive. After the first climb which acts as a nice warm-up anyway, the percentage of singletrack now is stunning. Barely a glimpse of a fireroad all the way back to the centre.

We did one lap to get to know the new trails and one flyer once we had knowledge of what was over each kicker, great, great fun. Any of the nay-sayers which are often slating the place on here, they should go back and try it now. I defy anyone to not have a hoot. The type of trail that can be ridden by most, but gets more exciting the faster you turn up at everything! Good work fellas.

Rich

kayak23

It was heaving on Saturday. New bits are great fun. Wish the first Ride out part could be made a bit more interesting mind.
    Was a lot of folk walking near the end climbs. I had the excuse of no drivetrain… :-/

amodicumofgnar

Looks like oneplanet have done their own video of the new stuff, its on youtube– blows the recent helmet cam stuff out of the water.

nosedive
    Free Member

inspired. brilliant video, I’m going there first chance I can get. looks great. hope I still feel so good about it once i’ve attacked the new stuff with my usual mix of enthusiasm and no skill

fastindian
    Free Member

even better in the dark!!

Bunnyhop

Whatever he had for breakfast, I want some!

Is everything on the ‘black’ rollable?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I was there this morning as well, superb red/black route, defo need to go back and do it again soon. The black route sections were excellent although you have quite a few “over the crest blind bits” that make you nip up, especially when your going quick.

Loved it. 🙂

ds3000
    Free Member

I rode it last week and it really put a smile on my face, I’m itching to go back and do it again. Also, great vid.

lowey

Promised myself I’d never go back to Llandegla… that vid is making me wonder though.

5AM
    Free Member

That looks like a fantastic trail, will def make the effort to get there at some point.

kayak23

Is everything on the ‘black’ rollable?

Its a trail centre so yes……
    Well anyway, that’s what I told myself Saturday when flying towards a boardwalk takeoff I’d never gone off before. Yeah, everything is rollable.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The drop offs on the freeride line at the end aren’t rollable. My mate proved that. They are nice and floaty though – just hit them with a bit of pace and you flyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just watched that video. Need to get up there ASAP. I have Donny’s old Blur 4X so hopefully some of his skill might rub off on me!

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Did 2 laps of the Red with B-line this lunchtime 11 out of 10!!

Of course it is MID-WEEK!!! ;))

steve_b77
    Free Member

Really like them myself, the place now has a decent finish to it instead of how it kind of just faded out on the old route.

Guess it won’t be so busy soon, once the hype dies down a little

Raindog
    Free Member

Was planning a lap tonight, but it’s foggy, so it’ll have to wait

winterfold
    Free Member

Lovely little film that – looks so much fun.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Any one know what attitude is gained when doing the new black route ?

Any one got any good lap times as well ? 😀

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Took me ~3 hours to do 2 laps of the complete Red with the new B-Line Black. Unlikely to be fast or slow…

…am guessing you want times for the new jumpy Black section 😉

sofatester
    Free Member

Looks rather fun, think a mid week visit is now in order.

Though i only have a lightweight XC bike and Lycra kit. Will the style police flame me for that? Being it’s such a rad place to ride!

😉

dflynn
    Free Member

it is rather fun yes indeed,

Bregante

I went about a fortnight ago. Really enjoyed it, although I tend to go midweek when its nice and quiet. In fact I might go tomorrow 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

sofatester i once rode by llandegla during a long rode ride and stopped for a brew in the cafe, upon entering the cafe in my roadie garb more than one group of rad dudes openly laughed at me. 😆
    nice trails but the vibe of yhe place is beyond tragic. go midweek in the rain and all the rad dudes are to busy with the xbox or somthing.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla new trails are nice.’ is closed to new replies.