Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Litespeed or lynskey
  • mrfrosty
    Free Member

Anyone had any frame issues with them ?

druidh
    Free Member

Best clarify. Is that Lynskey branded, or Lynskey built (for someone else)?

nosemineb
    Free Member

Currently finding i need a lynskey cx frame to go nicely with my much loved 6 year old Litespeed. Decisions decisions!

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Any of them. Lynskey built for someone else would surely still of the same quailty ?

ojom
    Free Member

Any of them. Lynskey built for someone else would surely still of the same quailty ?

Well you would think….

bobster
    Free Member

One snaps and considers a 7 month wait for repair acceptable.

sheldona
    Free Member

In true STW fashion Kent Eriksen if I were looking

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Was looking at eriksen on youtube this morning. Nice

scruzer
    Free Member

Got Litespeed road bike and no issues. Think Lynskey are a bit dull/bland in appearance…

Anthony
    Free Member

Yeah I agree, that Helix 29er looks really bland on the news page.

MrSmith
    Free Member

wasn't it litespeed who had a lot of failures when they went over to integrated headsets a couple of years back?

bol

Yep, avoid an older integrated headset model (apparently, but I know someone who hasn't had a problem with his) but I love my Litespeed and have had no problems with it. I've also never seen another ti brand with such beautifully worked or distinctive tubing, if that matters to you?

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Moots, Moots, Moots.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Litespeed or lynskey?

Neither, Moots or Kish

grahamb
    Free Member

… or Indy Fab

westkipper
    Free Member

Its always quite amusing the way that on Ti bike threads, it always ends up being a bit of a d**kwaving fest of folk recommending the most hardcore least well known boutique builders ( I'll just get in Paduano, Bertolletti and Baum before anone else BTW) 😉
    Buy what you like , but base it on actual reports of customer service*, known quality and above all fit.
    TBH, I think thats what you asked in your original question, and* for that reason I'd possibly be wary of Litespeed.

showerman
    Free Member

Moots have gone over to carbon if i recall and its all china made and only an assbley line in the states
    Had a litespeed failure 3yr old unicoe at the bottom bracket happy to repair as nolonger made but upgraded to a sewanee instead, have no problems with the headset but have noticed they have gone back to standard headset design
    Thinking that helix is a work of art and keep telling myself i do not need one

IvanDobski
    Free Member

west kipper – Member
    Its always quite amusing the way that on Ti bike threads, it always ends up being a bit of a d**kwaving fest of folk recommending the most hardcore least well known boutique builders ( I'll just get in Paduano, Bertolletti and Baum before anone else BTW)
    Buy what you like , but base it on actual reports of customer service*, known quality and above all fit.
    TBH, I think thats what you asked in your original question, and* for that reason I'd possibly be wary of Litespeed.

It's not just ti bike threads – it's any "X or Y?" thread! It wouldn't be too bad if the people recommending bike/frame Z had anything to back up their opinions but 99% of the time they don't!

It's like they run through a mental checklist:

Vaguely related to the topic?
    Handmade?
    By a man with a beard?
    Who's caucasion?
    Who talks about soul and connections?
    Whose products are hardly ever in the mainstream mtb media?
    Reviews taken entirely from the small, self-justifying pool of owners who would sooner die than say their $4000 ti frame isn't really all that?
    Nice website which looks all ethical and non-corporate?
    Charges extra for all the above?

If Z achieves 9/9 then it gets a recommend on STW regardless of why the OP had asked about X and Y.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

showerman quotes Moots have gone over to carbon if i recall and its all china made and only an assbley line in the states

No they haven't, Are you naturally this retarded? Or do you have to work at it?

westkipper
    Free Member

I think you're being a wee bit harsh, Ivan.
    I was mocking too, but I can indulge in the same s**t too.(takes one to know one!)

Showerman,I'm actually glad to hear a positive story about Litespeeds warranty, as It did get pretty ropey for a while after ABGs takeover; I do think they push design a bit further than most.

As for Lynskeys looking bland BTW, they look pretty damn fine in real life.

qwerty
    Free Member

i'd like to see some pics of a small Lynskey Ridgeline LT built and hears some riders opinions of one

……….anyone?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Litespeed or lynskey’ is closed to new replies.