Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lightweight propper chain devices?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whats good and cheep?

I want to run a single 32t chainring on my Pitch so needs to be lightweight an reliable, but needs a propper bashring or tacho as it seemed to hit rocks alarmingly regularly this year with a 38t bashring.

MRP G2 SL
    E.13 LG1+
    Gammut P20

Anything else sub or arround 200g? I could concievbly run an e-type front mech chain device, a blackspire stinger ISCG and a bashring, would that be lighter?

Taff
    Free Member

I had an MRP slalom, roox and E13s and I’ve got to say I think the E13 was the best one I had from a weight and performance point of view.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have a gamut p20. Its solid and light weight and the chain doesnt rub. It isnt dead quiet though, the chain can rattle a bit on the top guide (but it donest bother me)

I use a BBG bashguard with it (which I rarely bash)

jam-bo

E13 XCX has been more than enough on my five with 33t up front.

twohats
    Free Member

Straitline Silent guide is well under 200 grams, no moving parts and like it says on the tin, totally silent.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Straightline looks good, is there any benifit to taco style guides? On the one hand they look a bit flawed as the cant rotate away from/over impacts, but being smaller i guess they’re made stronger too?

Discounting XCX style guides as I’ll need something protecting the chainring judgeing by the mess I’m maing of the BB shell/cranks/bash at the moment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight propper chain devices?’ is closed to new replies.