Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lightweight full face helmet
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

I’m going on an uplift holiday in October but the trails aren’t full on DH. I’m wanting to wear a full face helmet but would like something a bit lighter than my current one that I use for DH. Any suggestions? Not really keen on the likes of the met parachute or anything with a detachable chin guard. I looked at the urge archi enduro but the sizes don’t go down small enough. Cheers!

theraggyone
    Free Member

kali avatar 2 helmets are very light , love mine:)

dafoxster
    Free Member

The new MET parachute does not have a detachable chin guard any more.

mcnultycop

The new MET parachute actually looks OK.

robhughes
    Free Member

Love my specialized dissident carbon.Very very light but a bit pricey.

Northwind

New Parachute should do the job you ak very well but isn’t cheap. Shame about the Urge as it (or the down-o-matic) would have been ideal and can be had for cheap but the s/m is basically a medium imo.

Some of the budget 661 options are actually surprisingly light… But not that well vented

neilwheel
    Free Member

The Urge full face lids seem to be sized on the smaller side of what the chart recommends.

If you haven’t already tried one on, and you are close to the listed size, it may be worth getting your hands on the Archi-Enduro.

transition1
    Free Member

The Standard Kali Avatar is almost as light as the Carbon Avatar 2 & much cheaper.
    Used to be the distributer for kali

moniex
    Free Member

My son has a specialized deviant 2, lovely light and very well vented. Small comes up like a regular small (too big for me, I normally take a xs, and too small for my husband who has the s/m urge).

Discontinued now, may be able to get one cheap.

Simone

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Thanks all for your suggestions. I normally have an XS adult helmet or small youths. I’ve had a kali before so I’ll take a look at the avatar.

tomhoward

Ive never noticed a TLD D2 or D3 be overly heavy (though both i’ve used were the carbon ones so pricey)

dirtydog
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with an archi enduro, ime they’re shit.

Wrote mine off in an OTB incident, I landed on top of my head but somehow managed to break the chin guard, I suspect it broke against my chest as I tucked my head in. The chinguard was completely unmarked apart from two splits down either side of the guard where it had over flexed.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

There’s a crackin d2 on sale at crc but even troy lee xs/a is too big for me

poah
    Free Member

my 9 year old son wears an XS 661 comp shifted and its pretty light too

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Thanks poah. I already have an xs oneal fury which is basically the same as the 661. You are right they are pretty light, I thinks it’s just more venting I’m after.

smurf
    Free Member

There’s a thread on line somewhere in which a guy does a crash report on an Urge Archi Enduro. NOT pretty reading (e.g. multiple cuts to the face, cuts to the inside of the mouth etc).

I’m looking at the Kali Savara XS for my oldest daughter – some good deals around at the moment.

moniex
    Free Member

Tbh I take a xs helmet and choice is very limited. The spesh deviant 2 my son gas is lovely and well vented and looks like it gives more protection than the urge. I did find the xs 661 comp nice and light, but still a little loose on me and did not cover my head as well as I’d liked.

If you take a xs you could try the spesh, but it will probably be too big. I found the 661 xs helmets a little big and I ended up with a bluegrass full face helmet in xs.

I tried loads, had a go at some tld in morzine, but all too big.

If you take a xs and you found one that fits, I’d say don’t worry about the venting.

Simone

lardman
    Free Member

Ive just bought a new Met Parachute and its a pretty good looking lid. Very light, and the new incorporated chin guard looks quite strong. It’s not ever going to be the strongest and most protective FF lid, but as a good compromise between weight/cost/ventilation it gets my vote of approval.

I usually find helmets too small for me, even in the largest sizes but the MET came up very slightly too big, so be aware that they probably come up oversized rather than under.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight full face helmet’ is closed to new replies.