Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • lights magicshine
  • crezzy

looking for good but cheap lights ,been looking at magicshines mj 808 ,any one else bought one and can give me there opinion before purchaseing one

alanl
    Free Member

Excellent.
    I got one a few weeks ago. Small, lightweight, works really well.
    Cheaper at DealExtreme, if you want to wait weeks for delivery.
    I’d rather have it next day, so bought it from magicshine.

I got a set and there fine, to be fair I havent really compared them to anything else but Im happy and they seem like much better value for money than all the other much priceier brands. I would fork out the little extra and buy the extra length of cable as the battery is quite chunky and heavy and it makes more sense to stash it in a bag on your back.

They work plenty long and powerful enough for a quick couple of hour night ride, I would imagine if you are using it seriously for some epic endurance sicko race or whatever then a better light would be money well spent but for what I use them for, a quick blast round the local trails in the bleak midwinter they suffice and night riding is a rite craic.

dawson

yep, I have the MJ-808 too – been working well for me – I ordered it from DX directly – it took 4 weeks to the day to arrive which is what I was expecting – as above, if you want it quicker buy it from the UK source

eiger
    Free Member

Bought the MJ808 – states it’s 900 Lumens and on full beam has a burn time of 3 hrs and after having tested it I can confirm that has been an accurate assessment.
    The beam spread and power is excellent and capable enough for the most technical trail, the light has five options: high, medium and low beam plus strobe and SOS. I use high on singletrack and medium pretty much elsewhere so SOS and low for me are not used.
    Great value light for the money.

slowrider
    Free Member

yep, cant fault it. bought one at the start of winter and its made technical night riding a joy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘lights magicshine’ is closed to new replies.