• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lights
  • Amos
    Free Member

I'm sure they'll be a million light reviews in every mag in the coming months, however can you recommend me some good quality trail lights? looking around the £250 mark or less for trail and road use

Onzadog
    Free Member

I'm really pleased with my Ay-ups. Really light, long run time. Not the brightest but I've not found myself wanting for more light. I've had really good customer service as well.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Have a look on here at trout lights – if he's got any left.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I like my Hopes

RealMan
    Free Member

Exposure are the best…

Really impressed with my Hope Vision 4 – can be had for around £235.

z1ppy

Deal extreme P7 "magicshine" bike light, £52 and as bright as any HID available & majority of LED systems (not Trouties!). Maybe not support UK industry or business, but spend your £200+ if you want 'piece of mind' or spend £50 and have enough for another 3 of them if the first fails after a year (as everything has a years guarantee)

DX bike specific lights with a 3 hour capacity, you now have the choice of 2:

New helmet mount version:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29489
    STD one, that everyone has so far bought (what I've not long ordered, as I thought I'd lost my MC-E torch)
    https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

Click on the DX and P7 tags at the top of the thread for confirmation of their ability

slowjo
    Free Member

Or buy a couple of Fenix lights with mounts, rechargeable batteries and a charger, you'll end up with change too!

montylikesbeer

as zippy said, go for a DX bike light, try it out, then go for an exotic bit of kit if you want later

My previous light was an exposure enduro, a very good light in its day. It is a great company to deal with and offer some great after sales support, that is what you pay your money for if we are being honest.

My DX P7 light is a stop gap while my eye killing trout light arrives.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Hope Vision 4. I love mine and they generate a lot of light.

DickBarton

I've had a play about recently with some lights – overall I was impressed with what was out there – if money was no object, I think I'd go for a set of Ay-up Adventure V4's, then Hope Vision 4, Lupine Wilma, then Exposure Diablo, then L&M Seca Race and then a Deal Extreme P7 torch.

If money was an object, then it would be the Deal Extreme P7 torch and a half dozen or so batteries – for the price, you don't get anything that comes close to light output and usability. Major drawback is that it come sfrom Hong Kong so any issues take a while to sort but the upside is it is cheap enough that if there is a problem you can get a new one.

The Hope gave a very good light that was very usable but it started on the lowest power setting each time – whcih was a pain as you had more clicks to get it to the setting you had previously, also the brightest setting made very little difference to the second brightest setting.

I don't think you can every buy a duff bike light now as they are all very good, but it comes down to budget and burn time…most of the big players lights only last 3 or 4 hours on full burn (although the Ay-ups seemed to last way beyond their stated run time – 5 hours for the Half-Epic (3 hr) battery and 10 hours for the Epic (6hr stated run time).

The Ay-ups V4 seems to give the best options for various situations – very good burn times, very usable light output and the lamps were very flexible…if I had the cash I would buy them without hesitation…but as I don't have teh cash, I've got a DealExtreme P7 light – which is very good.

Just my own view on the lights I've had a chance to try out over the last few weeks…check what your maximum budget is, then decide what you want out of a light – if it is turning night into day then you want a very bright light, but that could have an impact on burn time – if you don't mind the shadows then you can extend the burn time…

juan
    Free Member

trout lights end of thread

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lights’ is closed to new replies.