Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • light weight hardtails
  • swiss
    Free Member

been given the go ahead by the wife to get a new bike. fancy a light weight hardtail, show me some pics for ideas. fancy some thing a bit rare

cinnamon_girl

Check out the recent Ti thread!

cullen-bay
    Free Member

swiss- you've seen mine (bike! 😯 ). get the newer version of it and you wont be disappointed!

epicsteve
    Free Member

cullen-bay
    Free Member

that is a really nice fence 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

How's about a scandal?

clunker

Custom frame in Reynolds 953

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I've got a BMC elite, built up for trail use rather than racey superlight. Rebas, crossmax, xt, slx, carbon bars/post, juicys 3s etc. About 25lb in current build, reckon i could knock a fair bit more off with lighter brakes, pedals etc as i haven't been that weight consious with it. Not too harsh on the way down and good on the way up.

0091paddy
    Free Member

fizzer
    Free Member

br
    Free Member

Not rare, but just under 26 lbs for a big 'un – in full winter gear.

There is a sub-24 lb bike here with my lighter stuff/tyres etc on and mudguards off.

Bazz

Think On-one will have a carbon version of the scandal later in the year if you can wait, or try http://www.carboncycles.cc for a well priced carbon frame if you fancy building your own.

Northwind

"fancy some thing a bit rare"

Get a Carrera Titan. Very nice spec, bargain price, starts out at 11 and a bit kilos but with some easy quick hits if you want to spend a little more, and nobody else on here would deign to own one. Halfords-niche!

Bazz

Good call on the Carrera, was in Halfords the other day and noticed they now do a carbon 120mm full susser with good kit for about a grand.

scotty2
    Free Member

I loved my Scott Scale 20. Very very nice bike to ride and light with it. With a second set of wheels clad with skinny tyres it made an awesome commute to work bike too!

njee20
    Free Member

eBay special!

20lbs in that guise. £200 frame, 1240g, what can possibly go wrong!?

pinches
    Free Member

I am quite tempted by one of those no brand carbon bad lads.

Now, i have a scandal which i got to 23lb on the nose, i've just fitted some SID teams which saved me about 220g, but i'm thinking of getting some DT swiss instead, and also a hope Pro3 on stans 355 wheel build which should see me down to <22lb (on paper)

xcstu
    Free Member

could be a lot lighter but was built on a budget 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Now, i have a scandal which i got to 23lb on the nose, i've just fitted some SID teams which saved me about 220g, but i'm thinking of getting some DT swiss instead, and also a hope Pro3 on stans 355 wheel build which should see me down to <22lb (on paper)

Without knowing the rest of the spec it's hard to comment, but I reckon you'd be over 22 rather than under. Mine's just on 20, and save the XT cassette and the Mud X tyres, there's nothing really on there that's particularly weighty.

The XRC100s are a bit of an all out race fork with 28mm stantions and what not. I wouldn't use them personally, and I'm only about 68kg.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘light weight hardtails’ is closed to new replies.